Highlighted

Error opening pdf on 2012 server.

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2012 server where non administrators receive an error "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded" wen opening a pdf. I hit this on another server and he culprit was acrobat dc trying to download an update. I fixed it on the other server by adding

key bProtectedMode to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown. That isn't solving the issue on my new server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error opening pdf on 2012 server.

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2012 server where non administrators receive an error "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded" wen opening a pdf. I hit this on another server and he culprit was acrobat dc trying to download an update. I fixed it on the other server by adding

key bProtectedMode to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown. That isn't solving the issue on my new server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Are you trying to download the file using IE? On another machine do you have Acrobat also installed? 

Have you tried such suggestions mentioned this document: Error- your current security settings do not allow this file to be - Microsoft Community

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines