• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra '/' in file download path resulting in 404 error.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am in the process of building a Creative Cloud update server. I have followed steps in the guide and configured IIS8, as per the instructions.

Upon testing on the client side, I am unable to install applications via the Creative Cloud app. I can see the apps and have the option to install, however the install fails. Having reviewed the DLM.log file,  I am seeing '404 error' messages against file downloads. The path from which the file is being downloaded has extra forward slashes present, hence resulting in an invalid directory.

As an example, one line shows 'The file to be downloaded is 'http://xxxxxxxxx.co.uk//ACC/services/ffc/packages//PHSP/19.1.3/win64/Application.json?name=PHSP&vers...'.

Other lines, reference the 'ACC' directory with the correct path (e.g. 'The file to be downloaded is http://xxxxxxxxx.co.uk/ACC/services/ffc/products/ffc.xml?&platform=win64,win32&_type=xml&productType...) and don't produce errors.

Can anyone tell me where the config is which determines the URL from which it obtains the file? I've looked at the override files and there are no paths with double slashes.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The config files generated with AUSST are placed in the following directories:

In Windows:

%ProgramData%\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\AdobeUpdater.Overrides

%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\Adobe\UpdaterResources

In Mac OS X:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/AdobeUpdater.Overrides

(see https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/package/help/update-server-setup-tool.html#Generatingclientconfig...)

Check if your server URL has a trailing slash and remove it if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I managed to work this out through elimination, removing the slash before or after affected paths, from the generated override config file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines