• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How access support options Chat or Phone?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no more Email, Chat or Phone support any longer? I cannot reach any individual representative at support.  Every link that starts with support, leads to the support knowledge-base articles which has no topic that matches.  It shows options for Chat and Phone but requires selecting product options, etc which all leads to articles.  As soon as you pick any option (as required) the Chat and Phone methods disappear...

I think i need a real support person to fix my issue.  After renewing a couple of months ago (received email confirmation) Admin console is NOT showing updated subscription date, now all Team Creative cloud apps have stopped working (changed to "Trials").  

I guess I should call Sales and talk about ending my subscription and asking for a refund.  Adobe always stafs the Sales line, never any technical support line.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

I may have stumbled across the answer... 

Adobe has silently decided to NOT support Device licenses with "2019" Creative Cloud products...  so when you follow the CC prompt to upgrade from "2018" versions, it will remove the current 2018 apps and replace them with "2019" apps in the "Trial mode" that you must then buy all new licenses for -despite having a subscription that still has 11 months on it's term.

This is causing such an uproar (many educational institutions are overnight losing hundred

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have stumbled across the answer... 

Adobe has silently decided to NOT support Device licenses with "2019" Creative Cloud products...  so when you follow the CC prompt to upgrade from "2018" versions, it will remove the current 2018 apps and replace them with "2019" apps in the "Trial mode" that you must then buy all new licenses for -despite having a subscription that still has 11 months on it's term.

This is causing such an uproar (many educational institutions are overnight losing hundreds and hundreds of device installations) that Adobe must be no longer offering Chat nor Phone support.  Adobe fooled us by selling subscriptions promising current upgrades until subscription ends, we should have just bought single use prices as we would then know what we got.   

The sad thing is Sales is still selling Device licenses without warning...  and the forums are still sending folks to "support" which sends them right back to the forums....  no individual Chat nor Phone support is available any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Support is available for all entitled customers.

Please go to Contact Customer Care - you will be routed according to the entitlement attached to your Adobe ID.

Support options for individual and VIP/Team customers (this included device licenses) can be found here - What are my contact options?

Enterprise ETLA customers should open a support case via their Admin Console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is simply NOT TRUE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ailshiel52859990,

What problems are you running into when trying to access support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same as what you described. Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ailshiel52859990,

I can see that you are an admin for your admin console. Please go to the Support tab of your admin console where you will find phone and chat options for support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alisterblack: Thanks for participating and I'm sure as staff you have "sure" answers that worked before BUT you need to check this particular issue of support because it definitely has changed recently.  Chat and Phone are no longer offered. 

When you go to the Admin Console's support tab (as you suggest), your choices are going to an Adobe knowledge-base article that shows a matrix of support options (but does not allow you to go any option), just tells you what's supposed to be available... -or- a link to: Contact Customer Care ( https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html​ )

On that page, it starts off showing Community Forum, Chat and Phone as possible choices BUT you have to first indicate what product and what issue first...  which throws you into knowledge-base articles and if none of those help, then it ONLY directs you back to the Community Forum ... Chat and Phone no longer are options once you've indicated your product and issue!   

I know I need to talk to a live support rep because this is the same issue I have every year when I renew...  Adobe takes my money, sends me a confirmation email, but never updates my Admin Console and my products start complaining about being expired.  I need to talk to a real live person to manually update my Admin console but that no longer is an option via the web.  I'm also a VIP account but that does nothing for service, it's just a sales device to get me to buy multi-year subscriptions.

The solution was to call information directory and get the Front Desk number at Adobe Headquarters in Seattle and then convince the receptionist to forward me to technical support and after about 3-4 transfers, I finally get to Creative Cloud Team support and after a full workday day of hunting finally get ahold of a live person to help me.  This is really irritating for a subscription that i pay so much money for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chat is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ailshiel52859990,

I followed the steps to open a chat from your Admin Console and was able to do so.

Once you have selected your account and the product and topic you need help on you will see the screen below. Choose 'Show me my contact options'

Then choose Chat.

The chat window will open.

If you don't see these options I recommend trying another browser or an anonymous browsing session, or delete your cookies and cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines