• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I transfer a legal installation of Acrobat 9 Pro to a replacement laptop?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to move my copy of Acrobat 9 Pro to a replacement laptop system, but the serial

number I have does not seem to work for the installation. It's XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX,

and I got it using Belarc Advisor so I know it's correct. But I get told it's incorrect. How can I find the "real" one?

This is a version from a company department license to Broadcom Corporation TechPubs, where I work as a tech writer.

--Jock Baird.

Serial number removed by moderator. This is a public forum. Entering a serial number here exposes your software to theft!

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Based on my experience, the Belarc Advisor software doesn't necessarily provide the full or actual serial numbers of installed software.

I assume that you know that you can't simply move software from one system to another. You will need to fully install the software via the proper installer which may be serial number sensitive.

Also note that Acrobat 9 Pro is a very old version that is (1) no longer supported by Adobe and (2) may or may not properly install or fully execute on Windows 10 (I assum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on my experience, the Belarc Advisor software doesn't necessarily provide the full or actual serial numbers of installed software.

I assume that you know that you can't simply move software from one system to another. You will need to fully install the software via the proper installer which may be serial number sensitive.

Also note that Acrobat 9 Pro is a very old version that is (1) no longer supported by Adobe and (2) may or may not properly install or fully execute on Windows 10 (I assume that a new laptop system will likely have either Windows 10 or possibly Windows 7. Acrobat 9 certainly does not support PDF creation with the last several versions of Microsoft Office with Acrobat's PDFMaker feature.

Since you are dealing with a corporate license, I would most strongly recommend that you go to your corporate IT folks at Broadcom and have them assist you directly.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your advice, Dov.

My new system uses Windows 7, as does the old one. And 9 Pro works with Office 2010. But I see your point about

the OS compatibility being a future factor. (And I did know SW needs to be installed, not moved.)

However, I did not know Belarc had that weakness--I got three other Adobe serial numbers from it that all

worked. And someone from support told me that the serial # I provided was for 9 Pro. If there's a

better tool to obtain the real serial # in my old system, what would you recommend?

Because our TechPubs group then was fairly large (20-ish), this installation was part of a corporate purchase, and ever since

our company has been acquired we no longer have access to that information. That does imply that we are not the same

customer anymore, doesn't it, so maybe we it's fair that we should have purchase Acrobat PC.

Anyway, I appreciate your observations, and I'm just sorry that such a reliable old locomotive has been put in the shed.

cheers--

Jock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines