Highlighted

How do I claim my upgrade from Adobe Pro XI to Adobe LiveCycle Designer?

New Here ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, per the website: "Once you have upgraded to Acrobat Pro XI (11) or Acrobat Pro DC please contact our support teams and your upgrade request will be reviewed to validate that you qualify for the no charge Designer Upgrade. Please ensure you provide your upgrade serial number."

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I claim my upgrade from Adobe Pro XI to Adobe LiveCycle Designer?

New Here ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, per the website: "Once you have upgraded to Acrobat Pro XI (11) or Acrobat Pro DC please contact our support teams and your upgrade request will be reviewed to validate that you qualify for the no charge Designer Upgrade. Please ensure you provide your upgrade serial number."

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a related question: How do I claim my Adobe Designer upgrade?

This question doesn't appear answered to me. This "correct answer" isn't helpful to me since it only refers back to the very same page both christinek33025835 and I were originally referring to. My attempts to "contact the customer support team" have only led me round and round through countless pages without getting any closer to information about Adobe Designer, much less claiming my upgrade. In my case, I'm upgrading from Acrobat Pro DC, not Acrobat Pro XI.

Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read it again. It seems very clear it is for people who have a license to Acrobat X only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Having read and re-read that page countless times today, I disagree. The page is neither clear generally, nor is it clear that it's only for people who have a license to Acrobat X.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page says you can get a free upgrade of LC Designer. You have to already have that product. There's no such thing as an Acrobat upgrade that gives you Designer product for free.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the explanation. Please make that clear on this page:

Upgrade Adobe Designer from Acrobat

And how am I supposed to edit my Acrobat doc when I get the message "This form cannot be edited in Adobe Acrobat. Please use Adobe LiveCycle Designer to edit this form" ? What alternative do I have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per your quote... ""Once you have upgraded to Acrobat Pro XI (11) or Acrobat Pro DC" NOT "from Acrobat Pro XI" as per your title.  You must be an Acrobat Pro X customer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a related question: How do I claim my Adobe Designer upgrade?

This question does not appear answered to me. This "correct answer" is NOT helpful since it only refers back to the very same page both christinek33025835 and I were originally referring to. My attempts to "contact the customer support team" have only led me round and round through countless pages without getting any closer to information about Adobe Designer, much less claiming my upgrade. In my case, I'm upgrading from Acrobat Pro DC, not Acrobat Pro XI.

Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No free upgrade. You can buy it. It’s not an upgrade or replacement for Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test Screen Name:

If that is true, then why does it say "Customers who upgrade to Acrobat Pro XI (11) or Acrobat Pro DC via any licensing model/program are eligible for a free upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Designer" on the current Adobe page referenced (as the 'Correct Answer') in this thread ?

I don't think this question is answered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you want to upgrade FROM Acrobat DC. You quote the page (if still valid) about upgrading TO Acrobat DC.

Buy it if you want it, but it's really severely limited. What do you want to do with it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe me, I was never interested in buying it. I ended up on that Adobe page because a pdf I was working with gave me an error message that "This form cannot be edited in Adobe Acrobat. Please use Adobe LiveCycle Designer to edit this form." I was just trying to get my work done.

Having already upgraded to Acrobat Pro DC — "Customers who upgrade to Acrobat Pro XI (11) or Acrobat Pro DC via any licensing model/program are eligible for a free upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Designer" — I just wanted to have access to this free upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Designer that I am eligible for.

Also, why do you say "if still valid'" about that Adobe page? It says on the page " February 15, 2017"

Anyway, thank you for at least trying to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines