Highlighted

How do I disable the Adobe ID login popup

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im installing Acrobat Standard DC in our Citrix environment. I managed to create a prov.xml file and thats placed on the imaged server.

Everythign seems to work fine, except for one thing. We dont want our employees connecting to Cloud solutions and Sharepoint I disabled all these setting with Registry settings.

These options are no longer available on the start screen, and in any of the menus.

After about 30 second of having Acrobat open Im getting a "sign in with your Adobe ID" popup, which is driving me nuts.

Is there any possibillity to disable that splash screen?

Ive found a solution here:

Disable Adobe Sign-in - Acrobat DC - Super User

but since we dont use packaging for installing, this isnt a viable solution for me.

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I disable the Adobe ID login popup

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im installing Acrobat Standard DC in our Citrix environment. I managed to create a prov.xml file and thats placed on the imaged server.

Everythign seems to work fine, except for one thing. We dont want our employees connecting to Cloud solutions and Sharepoint I disabled all these setting with Registry settings.

These options are no longer available on the start screen, and in any of the menus.

After about 30 second of having Acrobat open Im getting a "sign in with your Adobe ID" popup, which is driving me nuts.

Is there any possibillity to disable that splash screen?

Ive found a solution here:

Disable Adobe Sign-in - Acrobat DC - Super User

but since we dont use packaging for installing, this isnt a viable solution for me.

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you activate and create the image as described here?: Common Deployment Options and Methods — Enterprise Administration Guide

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, Acrobat has been activated and I've serialized the license via the prov.xml file.

Its just the popup thats bugging me now.

Ive also disabled all the other ways to sign-in to Adobe via registry settings described here:

Online features — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows

But still the popup remains.

Its this popup, but it says "Acrobat Reader" in the title bar instead of "Creative Cloud":

qdo9S.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you export and post your reg settings for \FeatureLockdown\cServices?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\FeatureLockDown\cServices]

"bUpdater"=dword:00000000

"bToggleAdobeDocumentServices"=dword:00000001

"bToggleAdobeSign"=dword:00000001

"bTogglePrefsSync"=dword:00000001

"bToggleWebConnectors"=dword:00000001

I also set these:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\FeatureLockDown\cIPM]

"bDontShowMsgWhenViewingDoc"=dword:00000000

"bShowMsgAtLaunch"=dword:00000000

But those didnt help either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, setting it to 1 disables the services. See: Services integration

Setting the registry values to 1 disables everything. (except the updater, that needs to be set to 0).

It removes all the options and buttons in Acrobat like it should. Its jsut the popup thats still coming back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies. You're correct. I'll check for known issues and reply back.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Ive been fiddling around with some other options myself, but the popup keeps popping up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Technisch Applicatiebeheer,

I hope your issue is resolved. If you still require help let us know.

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
TAB_RN LATEST
Explorer ,
May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Well, it turned out the problem wasnt Acrobat itself, it was the PDApp that was installed to serialize the license. That kept generating the popup.

So I did a full reinstall and decided to ignore the serialization, since testing proved that wasnt necessary in our environment.

So I guess this can be marked as "fixed".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines