• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I disable USAGE INFORMATION in the .msi - READER DC

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I disable USAGE INFORMATION in the .msi? I have used the Wizard to turn off all online services but after I install it its not there under Preferences. It somehow reappears after I launch Reader DC a few times, the USAGE INFORMATION returns. Anyone know how to remove this in the Wizard so that it doesn't report the usage back to Adobe? I want this featured to be turned off at the time of install and not have to change this setting after install.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

I don't know what "it its not there under Preferences" means, but what you want is this:

Set bUsageMeasurement to 0. See User Measurement.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what "it its not there under Preferences" means, but what you want is this:

Set bUsageMeasurement to 0. See User Measurement.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I first installed Adobe Reader DC and I went to Edit, then clicked on Preferences and in the list of Categories the USAGE INFORMATION at the very bottom of the list wasn't there. But after I opened and closed the program a few time it appeared.

AFTER INSTALL:

Adobe Preferences.PNG

AFTER OPENING AND CLOSING READER A FEW TIMES:

Adobe Preferences #2 .PNG

Thank you, I'll look into the User Measurement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This registry key doesn't exist for Reader DC, it does for Reader XI.

bUserMeasurement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many prefs don't appear in the registry until the feature is exercised. Other must be created manually.

Just create the key and set the value as described in the docs. Test it before deploying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephanie,

If you would like to disable Usage Measurement, you can set the following key either through Group policy or through the direct editor in the Customization Wizard:

HKLM\Software\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\

bUsageMeasurement

Reg_DWORD

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix still doesnt work:  It never has:  in the reguistry the paths to both Acrobat 10 and 11 have the UseageMeasurment, Reg_DWORD set to 0 and I still get the error message on shut down. It only happens when I have converted a Word File to a PDF during the session.

The simple fact is, since this isn't critical, although it's annoying, Adobe just doesnt give ahoot about resolving the probelem.  Its disgraceful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're complaining about unfixed bugs in Adobe Reader 10 and 11? You are correct, Adobe doesn't give a hoot, now, they have been past end of life for years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually have Acrobat DC but the fix above ( which frankly assumes I’m prepared to dick about with the Registry on my computer ) only seemed to refer to Reader 10 and 11.  In any case changing the buuseagemeasurenent thing to 0 makes no difference.  Furthermore I have installed the latest update to DC for which I fork out £15 a month and I still get the error message on shutdown.  I don’t know what to do.  I stopped tinkering with car engines when they installed diagnostic computers and hid the engines beneath covers- and I’ve given up opening up computers and playing with DOS.  

I do know that once my business has finished with the requirement for Acrobat I shall ditch it because, as i said before Adobe just doesn’t give a hoot.  But then they are no worse than a Microsoft who think users of Word actually want  silly emoticons and other garbage rather than a stable word processor- which Word isn’t .  It’s the way of the world. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephanie,

In my case, I had to create a new data & value in the registry that I have include into the MST file generated through the Adobe Customization Tool:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown]

"bUsageMeasurement"=dword:00000000

And it works like a charm.

I noticed that vdobhal mentionned "HKLM\Software\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2015\FeatureLockDown" I don't know what's the difference and if I'm right or wrong. Anyone has an explanation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I had mentioned that key for the 'Classic' track which creates the keys in the '2015' hive instead of 'DC'

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines