• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i stop the Sign in prompt for Acrobat pro DC 2015

New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are just after updating from Acrobat 11 to Acrobat PRO DC. Ever since the upgrade users have been complaining that they are been prompted to sign into acrobat. I have read that by using the "Adobe Provisioning Toolkit" that you can remove this sign-on requirement.

However i am having a problem with getting the "Adobe Provisioning Toolkit" as we bought the licenses via a re-seller. I do not have access to the Adobe licensing portal to get the tool.

Is this the correct way to remove this sign on requirement and if so where can i get access to the provisioning toolkit?

Any help would be really appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Peter Roughneen  and Brian Stewart

The  Adobe Provisioning Toolkit is embedded in the Adobe Customization Wizard DC.  Go to the following path to find it:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Customization Wizard DC\adobe_prtk.exe

Please give this tool a try.  The documentation for usage his located in the ETK:  Common Deployment Options and Methods — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterr2123591 ,

Please refer to this forum thread :- How to Remove the "Sign In Required" that launches after install?

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only bypass the prompt for suitable volume licenses. Access to the toolkit is via your licensing portal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work.

We have a volume license.

We have used the customization wizard to apply the license, grant an offline exception, and to disable all services.

Today, with a PDF open, I received the "You must sign in to activate" prompt.

I was unable to do anything without signing in.  Even manually checking the registry settings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\FeatureLockDown\cServices and restarting the PC did not fix it.

I could not use our volume licensed copy of Acrobat without signing in.  Upon signing in, I was greeted with a prompt telling me that Adobe by default will be collecting user information and that I'd have to go into the Adobe account settings to opt out.  I did.

Within Acrobat, the UI still said "Sign In" at the top right.  So I did.  And it still said "Sign In" at the top right.

I closed Acrobat and reopened it.  I was greeted with another, different prompt about Adobe collecting user information.  "Sign In" was gone, and I was able to sign out via the menu.

However, signing out deactivates the software entirely, and puts me back at square 1.  I am forced to sign in to an Adobe Account to use a volume licensed copy of Adobe Acrobat DC that was granted an offline exception via Acrobat Customization Wizard DC.

I was running Acrobat DC Classic MUI 15.006.30172, released May 10th.  I have now uninstalled it.

We also bought the license through a reseller and have no direct access to the licensing portal and no access to the toolkit.

We have had Acrobat DC 2015 deployed for months, using the offline exception, and this just started happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an imaged OS environment?

Ideally, after using Grant Offline Exception and disabling Online service should suppress sign-in prompt.

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My machine was not imaged.

It was installed from a clean Windows 7 Enterprise image modified only to add XHCI drivers (necessary for installation on newer Intel USB 3.0 chipsets).

The workstations we manage are imaged, but the base image does not have Acrobat.

Our base image is sysprepped and generalized before deployment.

New machines are booted via PXE and get the OS image via our SCCM server.

Once machines are deployed to users, we add those that we've bought a license for to a collection in SCCM.  Membership in this collection determines whether or not they get Acrobat installed.  We're using the MSI file and transform generated by the Customization Wizard.

I'd also like to note that half of the options we use in the Customization Wizard don't work, or don't work consistently.  For example, disabling the desktop icon works 100% of the time, but setting the printer path only works about half of the time (which is particularly annoying when we provide a web service that relies on the printer path being set - it breaks after every Acrobat update).  Registry keys we specify in the Customization Wizard (such as OptIn, bisFirstLaunch , and bBrowserDisplayInReadMode) are simply not respected.

So far the reappearance of the sign-in / activation dialog has only happened to my machine (after having been working fine for months).  But if there is some sort of timer that triggers this, it will be happening to all of our users soon.  My machine was the first one to have Acrobat installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Roughneen  and Brian Stewart

The  Adobe Provisioning Toolkit is embedded in the Adobe Customization Wizard DC.  Go to the following path to find it:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Customization Wizard DC\adobe_prtk.exe

Please give this tool a try.  The documentation for usage his located in the ETK:  Common Deployment Options and Methods — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but why does the documentation state that it's only available via the LWS if that's not the case?:

To get started:

Download and install APTEE:

• DC: APTEE 9.0.0.2 (only available from the Licensing Web Site (LWS)).

The version of adobe_prtk.exe I have, from Acrobat Customization Wizard DC, is 9.0.0.301 .

I downloaded the Wizard from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/AcrobatDC/misc/ , not the LWS.

Or are there other components of APTEE besides adobe_prtk.exe ?  If so, do I need these other components to use adobe_prtk.exe for activation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines