• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable "Sign In" like you can disable "Updates"

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We built our installer packages to disable updates. We would like to also disable the "Sign In" option. (When you click "about" when in an adobe application)

We are Volume Licensed here at the University, the problem starts when a student is in a computer lab and while in any application such as Photoshop, they log into CC with their personal account.  This messes up the Volume license on that computer.  Is there a way to Gray out/Disable the "Sign In" option when clicking on the "About" menu?

Trying to google this all I come up with is people getting the Sign in option after Acrobat launches.  This is not our issue, Our License package prevents this.

Thanks

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Sign-in options can be removed for Acrobat but not all applications. I assume you are using a serial number.

The best advice is to omit the Creative Cloud Desktop Application when building the package. This does not completely remove all possibilities to sign in but it should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a similar post with a screen shot that has both "sign in" and "update" grayed out.  That post was from 2014 and apprently the CC demo disabled those two options. Which is exactly what i'm looking for.  Volume License with the option to prevent users from signing into their CC account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign-in options can be removed for Acrobat but not all applications. I assume you are using a serial number.

The best advice is to omit the Creative Cloud Desktop Application when building the package. This does not completely remove all possibilities to sign in but it should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling this did nothing as far as photoshop, illustrator...etc.  Ideally, what ever Adobe is doing behind the scenes with the demo is exactly what I'm looking for.  Just want those options unselectable/unclickable. 

Is there a registry entry I can add to gray out the sign in option when clicking the "About" menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what demo you are referring to, but we don't offer the ability to disable this option in the applications unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines