• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to patch Acrobat Standard DC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to follow same exact steps to update Acrobat Standard DC that I've used with Acrobat Standard X and not having success. Was hoping someone could weigh in, tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I've downloaded the "base" installer (Acrobat_2015_Web_WWMUI.exe) from the Adobe Licensing website. I extract it, and am left with bunch of different files, including the AcroPro.msi file, which is version 15.006.30033 according to Orca and the Adobe Customization Wizard.

I then downloaded the latest quarterly patch (Classic Track - Acrobat2015Upd1500630094.msp) from the Adobe Downloads site.

From a command prompt, I ran the following:

msiexec /a d:\adobe\acropro.msi /update Acrobat2015Upd1500630094.msp

After a minute or so the update completes. I check the version of the AcroPro.msi file and it now reports 15.006.30094.

I deploy using Group Policy, but here is where the installation fails. There is an error message in the Windows Application log stating, "Product: Adobe Acrobat DC -- Error 1334.The file 'dropboxstorage.api' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

I remember a while back having this problem (missing files in the Data1.cab) and it being the result of my trying to apply the quarterly patch to an already patched MSI, rather than applying the quarterly patch to the base MSI file. But as far as I can tell, that's not happening here - I'm applying the patch to the base MSI.

Thoughts?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Hi Shaun,

It looks like you need to create the AIP for base installer first and then deploy. I would recommend the following steps for creating a patched AIP:

Download the exe installer from LWS and extract it to some folder <xyz> on the machine.

1. Create an AIP for the base version of Acrobat by using the following commands (Base Release):

msiexec /a <xyz\AcroPro.msi or AcroStan.msi> TARGETDIR=<different path to folder where the AIP must be created>

2. Apply Patch (MSP) using below command (you wil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one has any input on this, huh. No one from Adobe can assist? No one else has tried patching/deploying Acrobat Standard DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share the following information: When deploying via GPO, the product is already present on the target machine or not?

Also, please see if the troubleshooting steps at :https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/aip.html#aip-troubleshooting, are of help.

Can you also share the MSI logs for the error case? I will send my email id through a private message.

Thanks,

Anurag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried with and without the product being already present on the machine. The base install files (downloaded from Adobe Licensing website) install without any problem. It's just the patched version of the install files that is failing.

I also noticed that after applying the patch (using the command msiexec /a d:\adobe\acropro.msi /update d:\adobe\acrobat2015upd1500630094.msp), the "patched" acropro.msi file is the exact same size as the base/unpatched acropro.msi file. This has not been the case when patching previous versions of Acrobat (e.g., patched AcroStan.msi is a different size than base AcroStan.msi when patching Acrobat Standard X). The only difference I can see is in the "ProductVersion" property of the "Property" table when viewing the msi in Orca (patched AcroStan.msi file reports version as "15.006.30094" whereas base AcroStan.msi file reports version as 15.006.30033). Patching just seems to add about 1.57 GB of new files/folders to the AIP (see screenshot).

Untitled.png

Where can I find the MSI logs to email to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shaun,

It looks like you need to create the AIP for base installer first and then deploy. I would recommend the following steps for creating a patched AIP:

Download the exe installer from LWS and extract it to some folder <xyz> on the machine.

1. Create an AIP for the base version of Acrobat by using the following commands (Base Release):

msiexec /a <xyz\AcroPro.msi or AcroStan.msi> TARGETDIR=<different path to folder where the AIP must be created>

2. Apply Patch (MSP) using below command (you will get the msp from the extracted folder <xyz>:

msiexec /a <path to AcroPro.msi/AcroStan.msi in the location where the AIP was created at step 1 in TARGETDIR> /p <path to msp patch>

You will get a patched AIP.

3. Install the AIP created by using the following command:

msiexec /i <path to AcroPro.msi/AcroStan.msi in the location where the patched AIP was created>

Let me know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Anurag, that appears to have done the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines