• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set the Install updates Automatically (recommended) option in Reader DC

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to enable the Install updates automatically (recommended) option described in the product documentation below.  How can I do this either via the registry or a deployment toolkit?  Thanks in advance guys.

Adobe Acrobat DC updater settings

Updates are delivered via two options:

• Install updates automatically (recommended): Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat DC regularly checks for important updates, downloads them, and installs them automatically. When finished, you are alerted via a small message in the system tray that your software has been updated. This method is recommended since it does not require end-user intervention. It is the best way to keep Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat DC up-to-date and more secure.
  • Manually check for and install updates: Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat DC don't check for updates. Instead, the end user selects Check for Updates. This option is the least secure, and only recommended in organizations that use other methods of deploying updates to their systems.
TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the product default. You don't have to do anything.

hth,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not defaulting to that for some reason on our workstations.  We do have other adobe products installed like flash and shockwave.  Its prompting the users and asking them to hit next and then the install kicks off.  We just want it to kick off automatically (silently if that's possible.). If I was going to change it where\how would I do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the DC customization wizard as well and don't see the option in there...also looked in edit-->preferences and the Updates option is no longer there with this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Updates option is still there: Edit > Preferences > Updater.

Preferences: Windows Updates

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are on Adobe Reader DC version 15.007.20033.  I just downloaded it fresh from your site and did a clean install and I still do not see it. I went into Edit-->Preferences and Updater is not there in the left hand side.  Am i going crazy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. You are using the Continuous Track. That track does not have the updater preference in the UI. However, the registry preferences still work.

However, what you want is the default, so either there's a bug or something odd with your environment/install. I guess I would try setting the registry manually and see if that works. If it doesn't work, I'd try an uninstall followed by the use of the AcroCleaner tool on labs. Reinstall and see if you still have the problem.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben,

Thank you for the help it is much appreciated. Can you tell me exactly what registry preferences or keys need to be set to enable this? This is what I am trying to get to the bottom of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the link to bUpdater and Mode above (Windows Updates)

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So would I need both the bUdater and the Mode reg settings to enable this? When i try this it doesn't try and install anything and appears to turn off updates all together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bUpdater-HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\(product name)\(version)\FeatureLockdown=0

Mode-HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\Legacy\(product name)\(product code)=3

This is on a Windows 7 machine. When both of these are enabled I do not receive updates. When only Mode is enabled I get a pop up box asking me to upgrade and click install.  I just want it to auto update without prompting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The documentation says this for bUpdater: "0: Disables and locks the Updater. Overrides any bDeclined value."

So you've disabled updates. Just delete the preference.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines