• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use AdobeFont subscription with device licensing?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

One problem that Adobe may not be aware of is for those of us who also have a Typekit/Adobe Fonts subscription. I too updated to 2019, and have to roll back to 2018 for now. However, the Creative Cloud desktop application is where I have to download the fonts from the Typekit subscription. So, I have to have that app even with a license - because how else will Adobe verify that I'm able to use the fonts I've selected?

On another note, since I have a license through my university for Creative Cloud, and the fonts are now included - will there be refunds for Typekit subscriptions, since those are now included in Creative Cloud?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Thank you for this question, Michael Dreher.  I have branched out your question so that a member of our Deployment for Creative Team, Enterprise, & CS forum can answer the question directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

No one from the team has responded yet, so I don’t see how the reply was even helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael Dreher the discussion was moved to the proper public discussion forum for your topic.  I would encourage you to contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care if you need immediate assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Device licensing is a device based solution - Typekit has never been included with a device license as this is an online service and therefore requires a named-user sign in. We recommend that you do not include the CC Desktop App with a device license package.

See Create packages with Adobe Creative Cloud for education device licenses

If you have another type of license under which you have Adobe fonts you should also use this license for your applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alister,

Yes, I'm aware of the differences. I have a personal Typekit account and a device-based solution on the same computer. Until the 2019 CC update, I've been able to use both my paid Typekit account and the CC Desktop App.

So, until the fonts are available through my Creative Cloud subscription, how do you suggest I access my Typekit fonts for which I've paid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Device licenses are not intended to be used with services, for good reason, EDU labs users don't want end users signing in. This behavior is as designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your position, but there are other use cases. Not all device licenses are based in labs. While my situation may be an edge case for Adobe, it is one that certainly is allowable by the license - and Adobe has taken my money. I have been able to use the CC app to get my Typekit fonts in the past. All I expect is to be able to still have access to them until the 2019 licensing issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is full of it. You'd think that a so called enterprise class software vendor could easily combine device based licensing WITH service based licensing. They aren't interested. They want to ensnare all content creators, as well as he content itself, into the Adobe Ecosystem, like Apple tries to ensnare everyone into the APPLe ecosystem. Pretty soon your work products won't work anywhere outside of an Adobe solution.
We have 300+ devices. Will be meeting to get the ball rolling to standardize on DaVinci Resolve and other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So here‘s my follow up. As a personal TypeKit user, I have been offered one year of Adobe XD CC as a solution for being able to access all the fonts. I am still on 2018 for obvious reasons.

One part of Adobe says, “yes, you paid for the fonts, here’s the solution to use them.”

Jeff has marked as correct something that doesn’t address my situation - and one for which Adobe happily took my money for several years without any technical problems.

What is not clear to me yet:

1. Do I install XD CC? Which version? (2018 or 2019)?

2. If I am not supposed to use CC desktop app to install XD, what do I use instead?

3. Will installing XD CC actually give me what I paid for - the right to use the fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines