• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I got an email saying "As part of doing business globally, Adobe monitors currency exchange rates in order to make adjustments to our pricing up or down as needed. You may be aware that currency exchange rates have fluctuated significantly over the last f

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an email saying "As part of doing business globally, Adobe monitors currency exchange rates in order to make adjustments to our pricing up or down as needed. You may be aware that currency exchange rates have fluctuated significantly over the last few years. As a result of recent changes in exchange rates in your region, Adobe is increasing the price of products and services starting on 1 May 2016. Learn more ›   As an Adobe Creative Cloud for education subscriber, your price won’t be impacted during your current subscription term. However, at the time of your renewal, which is scheduled for 4 February 2017, it will increase to reflect the price adjustment for currency exchange rates. The new rate will be A$28.99 per month."   

What I want to know is how you can increase the payments by 100% and justify it by claiming exchange rates as the reason. What exchange rate between AUD and USD has changed 100%?

Also, I believe that the AUD will be at parity again with USD in 9 months so does this mean you will then adjust my payments down?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Hi Adam,

It sounds like most of that would be due to the end of the first-year (introductory) promotional pricing for education customers.

As for the rest, if you read through this related Forum thread, it should give you a better idea on how & why currency-related price changes happen.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adam,

It sounds like most of that would be due to the end of the first-year (introductory) promotional pricing for education customers.

As for the rest, if you read through this related Forum thread, it should give you a better idea on how & why currency-related price changes happen.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines