Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Identifying Serialized vs. Named User Licenses Installations - SCCM

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are migrating our environment from serialized installations of Creative Cloud apps to named user installations. We already have a few hundred that have been installed with named user licensing. We have another thousand or so which need to be migrated.

I would like to deploy RemoveVolumeSerial to only the computers with serialized installations in order to prompt our users to sign in with their Enterprise ID's and thus migrate their licenses. My problem is that I don't know of a way to identify those machines with serialized licenses versus those with named user licenses. I would just deploy it to everyone, but I don't want to prompt users which are already using their named user license to sign in again.

I've looked at SWIDTAG, but serialized installations have the same swidtag file name as named user.

Any help on developing a collection of computers which are using named user licensing would be great, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

I'm proceeding with the method described here:

https://blog.aksysadmin.org/2018/03/11/sccm-asset-intelligence-and-adobe-swid-tags-part-ii-custom-fields/

I wish Adobe would make this easier for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I copy this post in the Deployment forum or should I just wait for an admin to do that for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm proceeding with the method described here:

https://blog.aksysadmin.org/2018/03/11/sccm-asset-intelligence-and-adobe-swid-tags-part-ii-custom-fi...

I wish Adobe would make this easier for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines