• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator on non-internet computer

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 7 computer that is not Internet enabled in an area that Internet is enabled. Is there a way I can get a copy of Illustrator onto that non-Internet enabled computer that will never have access to the Internet.

I've tried downloading the files from Adobe Creative Cloud (purchased on Amazon and redeemed on Adobe website) and found that when I tested it on a non-internet computer it didn't have the option.

I called Adobe and they told me its not possible to do this without Internet. Which is odd....because I read somewhere that you could do an offline activation. Am I missing something?

As an IT Manager, I find this a little disturbing and a little ridiculous that I can't install Illustrator without the use of Internet. I need to be able to have this option because not all computers in general have the ability to connect to the Internet.

There must be a way this can be done without Internet. .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

If you have tangible installation disks, you can install but you can't activate without an internet connection.

If you don't have disks, then you'll need to find a way to connect your computer to the internet if only for a few minutes to download and activate the software.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with older (pre-creative cloud) programs, it was possible.

with the current creative cloud single user programs, you the computer with adobe's programs must have an internet connection, at least, monthly.

if you have an enterprise license, there may be other options.

[moved from Downloading, Installing, Setting Up to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have tangible installation disks, you can install but you can't activate without an internet connection.

If you don't have disks, then you'll need to find a way to connect your computer to the internet if only for a few minutes to download and activate the software.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ctgeboykin wrote:

I read somewhere that you could do an offline activation. Am I missing something?

As an IT Manager, I find this a little disturbing and a little ridiculous that I can't install Illustrator without the use of Internet. I need to be able to have this option because not all computers in general have the ability to connect to the Internet.

There must be a way this can be done without Internet.

There did previously exist a widely-available offline activation mechanism for CS6 and prior versions. However, with Creative Cloud, Adobe switched from serial numbers to named-user licensing (where your email address is effectively your license key, and you log in with it to activate the software).

There are still ways to purchase Creative Cloud for installations that are permanently offline (e.g., secure government locations without an Internet connection, etc.), but that option is only available to Enterprise customers via a long-term licensing agreement in what's called a Serialized deployment.

For everyone else (Individual, Student/Teacher, or Team memberships), the only route is to use the Creative Cloud direct links to download the installers, and then copy over & use those to set up the software on your offline computer.

Once installed and signed in, then you should be able to disconnect that computer and run completely offline for up to 99 days + one month, if you have an annual subscription:

Internet connectivity, offline grace period, and reminders | Adobe Creative Cloud apps

A brief reconnect would then be necessary at that time to revalidate (reconfirm) your subscription license for another 4+ month offline period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines