Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign doesn't start although it is active in the adminconsole

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm the license manager in my company and I have a little problem with one of our users.

The user used to have an InDesign user-license, which we wanted to uninstall to give her a device license.

The license is active in the adminconsole, but the user cannot start the software, because it says, that her license is not active. That is right for her user license, which we deactivated. And we installed the software again, so that it could connect with the Adobe Server again and she could activate her device license.

But she still cannot open the program, because it says that the license is not active.

It would be very kind if someone could help me.

Thanks.

Kind regards

Noelle Weinmann

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Try the steps in this document.

"Migrate from named-user licenses

If you have an existing deployment of Creative Cloud, use the following workflow to use device licenses instead of named users:

Step 1

Create a License file for device licenses. For more information, see Create license file.

Step 2

End users must sign out from Creative Cloud to unlicense existing software. Users can sign out from Creative Cloud app or any other installed product.

• Creative Cloud app: Choose > Preferences > Account, and then click Sign out from Creative Cloud.
  • Installed product: Choose Help > Sign out.

Step 3

Deploy the license file package to the end-user machines, and execute the AdobeSerialization executable file with administrator privileges. This file is created when you create a license file."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines