Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Error: 131:20, what to do?

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently installed InDesign 2017. I still keep CC 2015 and CC 2014 on the machine.

Now I wanted to run CC 2015. It does start (splash screen), then crash and I get the folllowing message:

Headline:

Configuration Error

Content:

A problem has occured with the licensing of this product. (...) please restart your computer (...) if this does not help contact the Customer Support. Error: 131:20

InDesign 2014 and 2017 run smoothly without any problems.

I restarted the computer with no result.

I updated InDesign 2015 to the current version with no result.

Anyone has a clue? Anyone has an idea what this error message means?

Thank you!

Jjj

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Moving this discussion to the Enterprise Deployment for Creative Cloud, Creative Suite forum.

Jjj I would recommend you begin by obtaining a new installation package from your Creative Cloud for Teams administrator.  This will allow the licensing to be reapplied as part of the installation process.

If you continue to experience licensing errors, after reinstalling InDesign, then I would recommend setting up a new local administrator account.  You can find details on how to set up a new local admin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if that's really a 131:20 (and there's no typo), using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jjj it appears the licensing files on the computer have become damaged.  What version of Windows do you have installed?  Do you manage the computer yourself or is it managed by an I.T. department? 

Finally ,what happened prior to the licensing errors occurring?  Did you run a system update?  Run a system optimizer or some other type of utility program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your answers.

Jeff A Wright​

I am using Windows 10 since 3 month. I manage this computer myself. I use a team license from my company. So far, no other colleague has complained about license errors. Recently I did not run any system optimizers. I cannot say exactly since when there is trouble with InDesign2015, since the installation of InDesign2017 I did not use it.

The latest Windows updates were:

02/2017:

KB3211320

01/2017:

KB3213986

KB890830

KB3214628

12/2016:

KB3209498

KB3206632

Recent changes were

- updated Adobe Flash Player (17.01.2017)

- updated different versions of MS Visual C++ (31.01.2017)

- updated MS OneDrive (31.01.2017)

- updated Outlook Add-In  (31.01.2017)

- installed InDesign 2017 (31.01.2017)

- updated Java 8 (31.01.2017)

- updated Adobe Creative Could (31.01.2017)

- updated Mozilla Maintenance Service (01.02.2017)

- updated Mozilla Firefox (01.02.2017)

- installed XMLQuire (06.02.2017)

- installed Notepad++ 64bit (06.02.2017)

- (Windows also shows mit lots of updates for pre-installed Windows junk apps)

This is the full message. When I close it, InDesign closes aswell.

cc2015-crash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Enterprise Deployment for Creative Cloud, Creative Suite forum.

Jjj I would recommend you begin by obtaining a new installation package from your Creative Cloud for Teams administrator.  This will allow the licensing to be reapplied as part of the installation process.

If you continue to experience licensing errors, after reinstalling InDesign, then I would recommend setting up a new local administrator account.  You can find details on how to set up a new local administrator account at Troubleshoot unexpected behavior in specific user account | Windows 7, Vista..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support as suggested by kglad​ and they tried several solutions using remote desktop.

Still, the error persisted and finally we removed InDesign2015 and reinstalled it.

And now it works. Thank you Jeff A Wright​ for your help. I really appreciate that I got quick and helpful response here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(you're welcome.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines