Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign UAC

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support Community,

I have a user with InDesign and Creative Cloude installed and it works just fine for me as an admin and it works for the user as well when we change UAC to "Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer"

How ever, we do have a booking system called Selling Platform and if we change the UAC to "Notify..." the user needs to provide admin user and password every time she runs a script so that is not a solution for us. Is there any work around for the UAC problem?

Many Thanks,

Christoffer  

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Christoffer,  

We generally recommend the admins to turn on UAC on the user's machine to access/install the creative cloud apps. The user should have read/write or full permission on Adobe folders as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Probably you could use Sysinternals ProcMon to determinate the missing access for the user. As Recommended by "Techburner" - PLEASE do never give FULL ACCESS to any folder. Normaly Read/Write/Delete-Permission is enouth. Full Access allows every allowed user to change also the Permissions and to lock out you as an admin.

Kind regards

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

I've now tested ProcMon and added a lot off access rights, but InDesign goes directly to "Not responding"

Is it possible to download an old version InDesign? I'm not quite sure when it stopped working but it did work in May 2019.

I found an old email from the user and when it stopped working, she got an error message with "Adobe IPC Broker has stopped working" I didn't get that today or yesterday.

Kind regards,

Christoffer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Are you blocking any URL's?

One time we had a problem with an Outlook Addin. The Adobe Document Cloud Addon killed our Microsoft Outlook. It has nothing directly to do with your InDesign but is it possible that you are blocking an URL or Something Online.

Kind Regard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just to add, InDesign creates its prefernces under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe and saves its cache under C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Adobe. Make sure users have permissions to that aswell. If they donot have permisions then they may face issues with the launch.

Thanks,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines