• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of direct download fails

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was over in our Mission Control center today (NASA JSC) to install Photoshop and Bridge CC 2019 for the first time on two payload center workstations, and ran into major difficulties loading the applications. We first tried installing using my enterprise account, and the administrator elevated privileges of one of the MCC Systems Engineers.

Tried the web-based interface first, but every time it would fail, and by watching the Task Manager application resource tab for the Adobe Installer, I deduced that it was timing out as the network activity was very slow and usually only managed 30MB of download. The error code was 205, consistent with a network issue. Checked the firewall settings, and even went so far as to specifically allow Adobe Setup to pass through. Still no joy.

So we had previously downloaded the direct-download installation package. We tried this, but it also kept failing.

So, we made my admin account temporarily active on the computer, and tried using my login credentials with elevated privileges and my enterprise account, At first, it failed, but finally began the install of Photoshop CC (along with the Adobe CC Desktop). However, when we then tried to install Bridge, either from the direct download installer, or from the Creative Cloud Desktop, it would consistently fail or fail to run. One indication of the failure mode is that Creative Cloud Desktop would not launch at all unless you clicked on "Run as Administrator," and then, it would indicate it was in the process of updating, but fail (again with the 205 error) after 7% (this was consistent - always failing at 7%).

Eventually, after much gnashing of teeth and quiet curses, I noted in Task Manager that Creative Cloud Updater was running in the background, with no CPU or network activity indicated. I ended this task, and voila, I was then able to install Bridge.

This was eventually repeated on the other workstation with success. However, we still cannot launch Creative Cloud Desktop unless you run as administrator, and it still is stuck on the 7% update, displaying an error message a few moments after you get it to launch.

Any ideas of what is causing these errors?

Roger Mitchell

Systems Engineer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Roger,

As you have mentioned you were able to install CC apps after much struggle since they were failing with error code 205, and yes you are right this error is associated with network connectivity issues.

Glad to know that you were able to install the apps successfully.

However, the CC desktop app is still not working properly as per your description, it fails to update and is also not launching.

To resolve this issue, please try the steps given in solution 2 of the following help document: How to fix the "Failed to install" error when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app, ​and share the results with us.

If it still fails then please create a case or start a chat from the Admin Console's support tab or click here: Enterprise Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines