• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Adobe CC Device License on Master Image

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at a High School and we just purchased some Adobe CC device licenses that include all apps. This is our first time deploying CC on a major scale using device licenses and have run into a few concerns.

Right now I've created a package using the Adobe Creative Cloud Packager that has all the software I want and installing said package works fine. The issue lies in the licensing. Right now when I install the programs in the build folder via the "setup" .exe or the packagename.msi, it automatically registers in my Admin console, taking up a license. This is fine for single installations, but I need to create a master image for a few labs we plan to install in.

I've looked this article:

Deploy Adobe Creative Cloud for enterprise to imaged workstations

It mentions installing the contents of the "Build" and "Exceptions" folder, but not launching them to create a master image without the license registering, but every time I use the installers, it automatically registers. Do I need to install them separately? I could really use some help and I appreciate any responses as we need to get these master images created soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Hi,

You should find this thread useful. CC Deployment on Static Image (WDS)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You should find this thread useful. CC Deployment on Static Image (WDS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting workaround, alisterblack​!

I am a high school with 225 device licenses, and in the same situation as Fischer208​​​.  However, I have previous experience all the way back to CS4 of deploying it on our system images.  When there was a site license, it was wonderfully easy...  Install on the master image, sysprep, capture, deploy...  Nice and easy! But I digress.

I have been researching this on various forums and have seen people recommending that we no longer can put this package on our sysprepped image.  This has been frustrating that Adobe isn't giving an easy way for us to do this any longer.  It seems odd that they would say the content here:

Deploy Adobe Creative Cloud for enterprise to imaged workstations

But that it doesn't actually work that way.  I wonder why?

Anyway, the workaround posted in that thread referenced by alisterblack​ looks like a great workaround....  If it works reliably.

Hopefully Adobe takes this imaging scenario into consideration for future versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thank you for the alternate option alisterblack​, I have not tried, but I found my own way. I just was reminded of my thread by carlsunder01​, so thanks for that. I can't believe they have an article like that and it doesn't work that way, quite infuriating when making images!

Anyway, my initial idea was to unplug the network cable and install the Adobe CC package I made right before I sysprep...seemed like it might work? Sadly it did not. When I booted up the destination computer, it required sign in..another burden for imaging lots of computers.

Upon finding out I needed to sign in after deploying the image out, I used a combination of creating a device license package that pulls from my license pool via the Creative Cloud Packager and pushing out/running that via PDQ Deploy (if you don't use that or something like it, I highly recommend it) which basically runs the serialization. It's an extra step, yes, but we used PDQ to run different .bat files as it is, so it was a simple addition. Hopefully that adds somewhat to the conversation.

The next issue will be just how "deactivating" and transferring licenses works..I'm sure it's a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines