• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Animate without access to the Cloud.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

Please excuse this post if it has already been asked and answered but I need some help/advice....

I am desperately looking for a new animation product and I really want to look at Adobe Animate as the replacement for Flash based animation. I am currently working on outdated courseware that has embedded flash content and this content will not run on Windows 10 (current upgrade schedule see's the upgrade occurring within the next 6 months and there is a mountain of work to do).

The problem I have is that as the current network stands, Cloud Based applications are not permitted. I have heard conflicting advice as to whether or not Animate can be configured to "not" access the cloud. Some people have told me it can be configured this way and others have said no.

I have considered products that will possibly do the job instead of Animate, to the same quality, but there does not seem to be a lot out there and other Adobe products are so prevalent in so many areas, I want to reduce and possibly eliminate and risk of compatibility issues.

I need some rock solid advice on the following:

1. Can Animate be configured to be stand alone or non-cloud based configured, and

2. How would this be accomplished.

Any expert help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Thomase26548248, thank you for your questions.  Since Creative Cloud is a membership, there will always be a need to update the licensing and verify the membership is still valid.  With an individual membership, you can have the computer offline for up to 99 days if you have an annual membership. If you have a month to month membership, then you must be online at least once every 30 days.

For the Creative Cloud for Team and Enterprise memberships, there are additional options as previously discus

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of Adobe's so-called "cloud" applications are server-based. They install and run entirely locally. The only thing they need an internet connection for is authentication and updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

We can probably get around the "updates" as such, but as far as authentication (license etc.) can this be done over the phone? There would have to be some initial connection to authenticate the license and user/s, right?

So, if the application will accept the license key without internet connection, that may solve the problem, however...is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can someone provide feedback on my last question above please, regarding the license activation?

Can this product be installed and licensed without internet connection? I am looking for a response as this hinges on the animation solution we need going forward, from a company perspective.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomase26548248, Preran is correct that an Internet connection is required to use a Creative Cloud membership.

If you are working in a restricted environment, such as a governmental organization, then you will want to look at a Creative Cloud for Enterprise membership.  This membership allows you to deploy the needed licensing files, and applications, across your local network.  Only the I.T. department would need the necessary access to download the applications and create deployment files.

This is a benefit of a Creative Cloud for Enterprise membership as is not included with Creative Cloud for Team or Individual memberships.

Thomase26548248, I would recommend reviewing the following documentation which provides more details regarding the process:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your response/s.

I will review your links and return to the post and respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,

Again, thanks for your assistance thus far. I have done some reading and perusing but really our IT department is still looking into it.

What I would consider (and yourselves of course) is 2 options:

1. IT Dept would download and authenticate as required and license product, and then deploy (push) to client machine, or

2. Individual download and install locally - enter license key (offline) and continue install (offline)

My preference would be Option 2 - however the issue is whether any connectivity with the internet is either required to be maintained or not. If it doesn't, then problem solved. We could install the application on a stand alone laptop and use the application for development. If the application requires an internet connection to be maintained to function, then it is not viable.

Can someone just tell me if Animate can be licensed as part of the install (i.e. enter the license key as part of the install process - like the old days before Steam, install CD's and DVD's and license servers) without it having to validate the key online to a license server. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thomase26548248, thank you for your questions.  Since Creative Cloud is a membership, there will always be a need to update the licensing and verify the membership is still valid.  With an individual membership, you can have the computer offline for up to 99 days if you have an annual membership. If you have a month to month membership, then you must be online at least once every 30 days.

For the Creative Cloud for Team and Enterprise memberships, there are additional options as previously discussed in post #5.  The CCE membership gets you the closest to option #1 as only the I.T. department will need to have the required Internet access to download updates and refresh the licensing files.  The I.T. department can then deploy these updates over the local restricted network.  It is even possible to deploy the updates to computers where the user does not usually have elevated/administrative access.

Animate CC is only available through a Creative Cloud membership.  Depending upon the size of your organization you can look into an agreement which may limit the number of applications included with the membership.

Great questions, Thomase26548248.  Please update this discussion if you have any other questions.  You are also welcome to reference this public forum discussion with your I.T. department if they would like to post any questions directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, you cannot activate your license by phone. You have to do it through the software. I am moving your post to a more appropriate forum for the experts there to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines