• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is anyone else suddenly getting locked out with "Membership Expired" but your account is paid-up?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This first happened to me on Tuesday night. I was using photoshop and when I tried to do a quick export nothing happened. I kept trying and eventually saved everything and restarted the software. Upon opening the software I got a window that said:

Membership Expired

You no longer have access to Creative Cloud. Please contact your Administrator to renew your membership and continue using Creative Cloud.

creativecloudproblem01.PNG

My membership is fine. The last payment went through on 1/29. I am the administrator. When I log into my account there is nothing anywhere that says that my account expired or any money is due.

I contacted Adobe via chat and was told this is a back-end issue and that it would take 2-3 days to resolve. I have an open ticket but there hasn't been any response. I was told I didn't do anything wrong, but what is going on? I already missed two $$ deadlines because I can't use any of my software...

Is this happening to anyone else?

Evan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked out this help page?

Stop Adobe Creative Cloud from opening in trial mode after purchase

Before you say "this isnt related to my issue" or "I've logged out an in" - be sure to go through each step.

This may get you back sooner than waiting for a ticket to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I have read that page.

Make sure your subscription is active

I followed the instructions for this portion on Tuesday night and I did not see the message outlined in an orange box: Your plan has expired So, I figured my account has not expired and contacted Adobe via chat and they agreed.

I just ran through it again. Here's my account screen:

creativecloudproblem02.PNG

Note that it's telling me to designate a license to myself. This happened AFTER the adobe representative removed me from my own account. I don't know what this action was, because I am listed as a user and there's no way to change that. I feel like this problem was a true WTF then after they removed me from my own account that broke it even more. This is the email that I got.

creativecloudproblem04.PNG

The support ticket is titled "SMB escalations" and the status is "In Process With Agent" Does anyone know what SMB is?

Sign out and then sign in to Creative Cloud desktop app

I just did this on my desktop (never tried it on my laptop where the problem was originally found). I logged in and got the following message:

creativecloudproblem03.PNG

I started a free trial, so I can at least use the software for the next 7 days while they figure this out...

Check for Creative Cloud desktop app updates

I did this on Tuesday night on my laptop and nothing changed. It updated Bridge and Photoshop.

Remove Adobe-related entries in the hosts file

I will mess with this now...

Evan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a teams account the teams manager can remove a user from the pool. That is possible. You are still the manager of your account but you do not have a license anymore.

So indeed you need again inviting you to CC all apps. Click the “Manage team” link and you can allocate the license again to your Adobe ID.

Moving this from Adobe Creative Cloud​ to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS​.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I clicked "manage team" and it took me to my admin console. Here are screen shots of everything I saw and did, for clarification. It appears to me that I have already been assigned the license. I removed the license from my user, saved, and re-assigned it. I logged out of CC and logged back in, still in trial mode (and it took a day away from me?). I'm logged in on my laptop, not in trial mode just locked out, and no change there.

creativecloudproblem09.PNG

creativecloudproblem10.PNG

creativecloudproblem11.PNG

creativecloudproblem12.PNG

creativecloudproblem13.PNG

I have written a lot of stuff in this post, so let emphasize the important stuff:

-I did nothing to cause this problem.

-I never, ever have authentication issues with CC on any of the 3 computers I have it installed on and I use the software daily.

-When I contacted Adobe they said that they removed me from the team as you can see in that email screenshot. Unless something about the admin console is in ancient Greek the single license I pay for appears to be assigned to me.

- After they removed me from the team they basically said "I don't know what just happened, what's your phone number they will call you in 3 days"

I'm asking you guys because 1. I did not cause this, 2. I already asked Adobe and it's been 48 hours, and 3. I was expecting a response such as "this is a strange issue that just popped up because Homer spilled coffee on the Creative Cloud switchboard."

The way that my written words are read make me sound like a smart ass. I apologize for that, I'm just trying to be clear and concise.

Thanks,

Evan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

48 hours ago did Adobe change something about the way a single license is assigned to the administrator?

I haven't made any changes to the structure of the account in 4 years. I haven't logged into the account in weeks. I use the software daily. no issues ever. I was editing photos all day on Tuesday. Sometime in the evening I could no longer export, which I was doing once every 10 minutes or so all day. I closed and reopened the software and "Membership Expired"

I logged into my account and saw nothing out of the ordinary. The payment for the month is recent. There was nothing anywhere that would explain why my membership would be expired.

I contacted Adobe. They said "hmm" Then they removed me from my own team, but didn't tell me they were going to do that or that they even did. Right after they did they basically said "um sorry we don't know and we broke it, they will call you in 3 days"

and that's that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fixed it last night. I received 2 emails:

Thanks you for your order... a repeat of the invoice for my January 29th payment

Access is granted... "Your administrator at 42 Draft Designs has given you access to Creative Cloud All Apps."

I didn't do anything to cause it or have to do anything to fix it. All configurations in the admin console are exactly the same. Thanks to all who entertained my issue.

Evan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you the administrator for your company?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove Adobe-related entries in the hosts file

I followed these instructions: How to resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

Step 1.1

I get the dual logos after clicking the link

creativecloudproblem05.PNG

Step 1.2

Here's what I get from the two links:

creativecloudproblem06.PNG

creativecloudproblem07.PNG

so I moved on to the hosts file.

Step 2

There are no Adobe entries in my host file.

Step 3

I can access secure sites.

Step 4

GlobalSign Root CA certificate is installed an enabled

creativecloudproblem08.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines