• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there other way to deploy Cloud products than with Creative Cloud Packager ?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We use SCCM and our computers run Windows 10 64bits.

We have a strong limitation (done by GPO at installation and not reversible) which deny to every account (even system or TrustedInstaller builtin account) to write on the root c:\

If we built a new computer without this limitation, packages can be deployed on the normal way. But this limitation is on all our clients (800 PC) and we have to re-install all computer which need Adobe Cloud applications... And for security reason, it's a problem to stop this limitation.

So, do you have another way to deploy ?

We tried manually, not with deployment tool, but as an administrator and it doesn't work...

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Nathalie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Hum i see,

The solution in that case is to let the end user install the app himself, let me explain.

If your security is like mine and like to control evrything:

-Step 1: set-up an AUSST Update server, this will give you total control over update and upgrade for all creative cloud app

-Step 2: Package the Adobe creative cloud desktop app only link to your AUSST server with the admin privilege option check

-Step 3: Let your end user install what they need without concern as evrything they can install

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't understand, do you mean that you have over 800 computer that cannot receive any software instalation/update because the GPO doesn't allow to write on C:\ ?

Because if it's true it will be a huge problem as the creative cloud need to write on the app data and programe files.

We also use this kind of GPO in my company but these limitation are only applicable for the end user for obvious reason.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks to your reply.

The limitation is only on the root, and maybe some other place (even the GPO is secret), but app data and program files are read/write.

We can install a lot of other applications, even Acrobat Standard, but not the Creative Cloud Applications.

Usually, applications uses temp folders to uncompress installations files. It is allowed. But Creative cloud packages create a folder in C:\ named with a long name (long suite of characters) and when installation is done, this folder is deleted.

Security is a big concern in my company, I have to explore all other solution before to be allowed to change this GPO.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum i see,

The solution in that case is to let the end user install the app himself, let me explain.

If your security is like mine and like to control evrything:

-Step 1: set-up an AUSST Update server, this will give you total control over update and upgrade for all creative cloud app

-Step 2: Package the Adobe creative cloud desktop app only link to your AUSST server with the admin privilege option check

-Step 3: Let your end user install what they need without concern as evrything they can install is all you have download on your AUSST server.

I hope that this "small package" doesn"t need to write on root C:\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer.

I will try to use this way. It seems that I need a new server...

I will try that.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines