• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue Deploying Adobe Reader DC

New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a WSUS Server with WPP to deploy 3rd party updates to our computers.https://wsuspackagepublisher.codeplex.com/

WSUS Server has been live and working for a year and WPP is fairly new. Anyways.... I'm trying to update Adobe Reader DC to the newest version which is 15.016.20039. The problem is that the ProductCode for the old version & the new version are the same. So I'm unable to use that.

I use the Transforms file and added a registry key to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\Installer

called "Version" which is a REG_SZ with 15.0.16.20039 and that will allow me to verify which version i'm on.

Unfortunately it would appear that the Version key only gets added when the software is installed without the previous version installed. I believe this is due to the fact that the older file had a MST file that did not include this registry key. (Even though I have the MST file uninstall old versions)

Anybody else running into this issue? Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Reader DC is not tested and officially supported via WSUS package publisher. However since Adobe Reader DC is based on windows installer technology hence it should work with WSUS package publisher.

Coming to your query that product code does not change for every new version of Reader DC. For any windows installer based package product code cannot be changed in a minor patch release. Product code only changes when a major update is released which has not yet happened with Reader DC.

You also mentioned that you've created a transform file to query version using product version in Windows registry. Since this is not a standard or recommended practice hence it is difficult to comment unless you can provide the MST. The correct method to fetch the version for any windows installer based package is to use installer APIs see MsiGetProductInfo function (Windows)

You can deploy your updates to Reader DC via SCUP or SCCM, please see: SCCM-SCUP — Enterprise Administration Guide .

You'll need to contact WSUS package publisher if you're facing issues with this tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines