Highlighted

Issues surrounding application execution after installation using a package created with CC Packager

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a field technician with a school district in Idaho. We just moved to Windows 10 this year, We deploy using SCCM. For the first time this year one of my schools chose to split the cost of a site license for the Creative Cloud. The enterprise license is held by a company called OETC. The problems come after installing the suite on a local machine using a package build I created with CC Packager. Programs install fine and I can execute them with no problem, I have administrator rights. For security and network safety reasons we don't typically allow access to the C: drive by students, (most restrictive), and staff, (Least restrictive but still restricted), it seems that the software we needed from the package the most will not run under these restrictions. for example:

• Premiere pro is used by a teacher and students enrolled in a video journalism curriculum. The teacher has a stand alone peer to peer network he maintains separate from the districts. I gave him a copy of the build to install and he now gets an error when he executes stating that a .dll is missing the exact message is:
      • This Program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. His computer is
        using Windows 7 and the Browser is IE 9. He tried to upgrade to IE 10 and 11 and it would not.

• I have a security staff as well that would like to use premiere pro to clip video feeds from cameras throughout the school in support of disciplinary matters. When they execute the program begins to open then just stops. I actually made him a member of the local administrator group which made no difference, I also had him create an Adobe ID so any authentication with the Adobe servers should work.

Another scenario with a group of students and their teacher in a digital photography class is when using Light Room they are only allowed to save catalogs on the C: drive. the only space they ae allowed to write to is their own desktop.

Are these problems fixable? Can I get access to the missing .dll? Can we save to a one drive space for the students or at least a networked drive?

Hi,

We already have a feature request with our engineers for this, I have added your voice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issues surrounding application execution after installation using a package created with CC Packager

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a field technician with a school district in Idaho. We just moved to Windows 10 this year, We deploy using SCCM. For the first time this year one of my schools chose to split the cost of a site license for the Creative Cloud. The enterprise license is held by a company called OETC. The problems come after installing the suite on a local machine using a package build I created with CC Packager. Programs install fine and I can execute them with no problem, I have administrator rights. For security and network safety reasons we don't typically allow access to the C: drive by students, (most restrictive), and staff, (Least restrictive but still restricted), it seems that the software we needed from the package the most will not run under these restrictions. for example:

• Premiere pro is used by a teacher and students enrolled in a video journalism curriculum. The teacher has a stand alone peer to peer network he maintains separate from the districts. I gave him a copy of the build to install and he now gets an error when he executes stating that a .dll is missing the exact message is:
      • This Program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. His computer is
        using Windows 7 and the Browser is IE 9. He tried to upgrade to IE 10 and 11 and it would not.

• I have a security staff as well that would like to use premiere pro to clip video feeds from cameras throughout the school in support of disciplinary matters. When they execute the program begins to open then just stops. I actually made him a member of the local administrator group which made no difference, I also had him create an Adobe ID so any authentication with the Adobe servers should work.

Another scenario with a group of students and their teacher in a digital photography class is when using Light Room they are only allowed to save catalogs on the C: drive. the only space they ae allowed to write to is their own desktop.

Are these problems fixable? Can I get access to the missing .dll? Can we save to a one drive space for the students or at least a networked drive?

Hi,

We already have a feature request with our engineers for this, I have added your voice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error you mention indicates that the Windows 7 machines need to be updated as required Windows updates are missing. See Error :api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

The packager also give the option to install on a drive other than the default C drive and this can be done in the command line on deployment Deploy packages for Adobe Creative Cloud

For your Premiere users, ensure they are working on a 64 bit machine, Premiere is 64 bit only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still not being allowed to install on a network drive

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me some more detail? Are you installing the applications on a network drive or just trying to save files there? What errors do you get?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install the software on a network drive. I have tried using a mapped drive, (X:), and the UNC. neither worked. When I look in the logs There is an error 22 on the installation. I did copy the syntax from the ;links you provided and they were a little off, there were 2 dashes in front of the variables so I deleted 1. I also deleted the -silent parameter so I could see where the issue was.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error indicates an unsupported installation directory. See Troubleshoot Creative Cloud apps installation and uninstallation errors

Installing on a network drive is not supported. Technical support boundaries for virtualized or server-based environments | CS

Most Adobe applications will require access to local hd locations. For example see Required permissions for Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alisterblack wrote:

The error you mention indicates that the Windows 7 machines need to be updated as required Windows updates are missing. See Error :api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

Hey Alister.  This caused a lot of frustration for me as well!  Adobe CC 2015 requires Microsoft Universal C Runtime in order to work, but it's not included in the CC Packager. 

In the past, the CC Packager has included dependencies like Microsoft .NET Framework, it should include Universal CRT as well.  In the system requirements, it says Windows 7 SP1 is supported, but this isn't true--it needs SP1 plus Universal C Runtime!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines