• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IT will not provide updates/Need Adobe update schedule

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our IT department retains sole administrative rights to manage our university CC license pool, and thus the ability to create and disseminate CC packages with the packaging tool [which does not install the Desktop app].  My lab is currently running CC 2015, but asking for 2017 and being told to wait until August.  Two other departments on campus (Arts & Journalism) manage their own license pool and update when Adobe rolls them out, resulting in software version incompatibility for my users.  And let's face it: I don't like being told to wait 3 months.  The way our finances work there's no hope in breaking away from IT and managing our own license pool.  Im at wits end and need advice or information on the following:

What is Adobe's update frequency?  Is there a blog that tracks current versions?  Does Adobe release updates regularly on schedule (e.g., like every three months), or do they roll out updates at random? 

Is there a method I can use to update from 2015 to 2017 that does not involve creating a package in the name of the IT admin?  I do have the ability to deploy a license file (because our license pool was mismanaged, resulting in all of my workstations turning into TRIALS), so I toyed with the idea of buying my own copy of Adobe CC, making myself a package to deploy to my lab, then install the university license file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

You can install the applications or updates yourself, who installs them does not matter the key thing is how the applications get entitlement. In your case it sounds like you are using device licenses, so if you have the license file you can roll that out. However I would advise caution. A device license can be broken if users are signing in, this is why your IT Admin has omitted the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Information on updates tend to be oriented towards IT Admins and so can be subscribed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can install the applications or updates yourself, who installs them does not matter the key thing is how the applications get entitlement. In your case it sounds like you are using device licenses, so if you have the license file you can roll that out. However I would advise caution. A device license can be broken if users are signing in, this is why your IT Admin has omitted the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Information on updates tend to be oriented towards IT Admins and so can be subscribed to via the Enterprise Admin Console. If you do have a copy of the Creative Cloud Desktop App, that will also prompt whenever updates are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines