• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest customization wizard won't open DC 19 MSI

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded what I think is the most recent Customization Wizard but it won't open the Acrobat DC MSI file for version 19.0. Can anyone provide some insight? Wizard installed was CustWiz1900820071_en_US_DC.exe. MSI file is in the Build directory - Acrobat DC 19.0.msi. Error message in wizard is "Wizard cannot modify this MSI package"

Thanks,

Tim

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

FYI - I got a response from Adobe Support via chat. there are multiple MSI files in the zip file package created online. The proper one to use with the customization wizard is located at build -> setup folder -> acpr19.0 -> adobe acrobat -> acropro.msi

Hope this helps anyone looking for this in the future.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you extract the MSI from the EXE in the way described in the Toolkit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files contained in the .zip file created by the online packaging process for Acrobat DC contains both an 800k setup.exe and a 105 meg Acrobat DC 19.0.msi file. I'm trying to open the MSI file that came in the zip file. I can't find any other acrobatxxx.exe files from which to extra an MSI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "the zip file created by the online packaging process". You should use the EXE files provided by Adobe to get the MSI. If you can't find them, are you looking for continuous or classic, Pro, Standard or Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under our VIP level account, packages are created directly from the Adobe admin console. As far as I can tell, my only other download option would be the trial version from the Adobe.com product site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, ok. The VIP product may have different downloads. I will leave it to someone who knows if there is a difference from the retail product, as there was with older releases.

If there is no difference, the "demo" download is the product, but you also have the FTP site: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe However this seems unreliable, I can't connect at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - I got a response from Adobe Support via chat. there are multiple MSI files in the zip file package created online. The proper one to use with the customization wizard is located at build -> setup folder -> acpr19.0 -> adobe acrobat -> acropro.msi

Hope this helps anyone looking for this in the future.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing that. Appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Honestly, Adobe's packaging model/tools is such a joke... Every time I go to package one of their products the tool/way of doing it has changed, nothing is backwards compatible... Not only do you have to update the package itself every month, you have to update the tools you use to do so... Just pick a packaging/deployment method and stick with it!

But thanks for your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines