• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest DC from LWS will not install via msiexec

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm test a DC msi install with a transform and it will not install on my vm.  If I use: setup.exe /sALL it will install.  It will work with msiexec on my local machine! This is whats puzzling...

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setup.exe route installs C++ redistributables required by Acrobat, could this explain the difference?

Deploy Adobe Acrobat XI or DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly, though I did build the Transform with the "launch other applications' pointing to the VCRT exe from another package. 

Do you know if the msi method is now deprecated and the setup.exe bootstrapper method is preferred?  Just curious, the setup.exe method works, just wanted to know why the previous way no longer works.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The setup.exe method is preferred, and this can still be run from command line or used is SCCM etc.

The msi method does work but if the VC++ redistributables are not installed already it will not install them, and these are used for pdfmakers. Of course many systems have them already.

A test for this would be if your msi install on your VM works with a command line that omits these:

msiexec /i <path\AcroStan.msi> /qb IGNOREVC10RT=1

Windows cmd line and msiexec — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines