Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

license denied issue

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user is using a Mac.

Device license users will be prompted for a password by unzipping the prtk file and typing sudo ./adobe_prtk --tool = GetPackagePools --provfile = prov.xml in the

terminal, as shown in the following link.

At this time, the password will not be entered.

Is this normal?

There is no further progress at this stage.

please answer about my question.

Reactivation of Archived machines in Device licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Hi,

This is purely an OS X issue. This is your local admin password that is required - nothing to do with Creative Cloud. If you don't know it you will need to reset it. If you continue to have problems I would reach out to Apple support Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If the licenses were archived then the document you list gives the solution to re-license them.

Is this the problem you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes, it is.

Unzip the prtk file on your Mac and run the terminal "sudo ./adobe_prtk --tool = GetPackagePools --provfile = prov.xml"

I get a message that says "Password" but I can not input it by pressing various keys on the keyboard.

And even if I run the device license file, I can not activate it.

Is there a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use the Sudo command on the mac it means that it needs to run as admin. Therefore your system password will be asked for in terminal. It may appear that this is not being entered, but it is how the terminal handles it. As the Apple support document states "Terminal doesn't show the password as you type. If you enter the wrong password or a blank password, the command isn't executed and Terminal asks you to try again."

Using the sudo command in Terminal requires an administrator password - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you enter the administrator password, a message indicating that the password is incorrect is displayed.

Double-click the Adobe_prtk file and you will see a message that the process is complete.

I do not know how to solve any more.

More and more customers are not getting resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This is purely an OS X issue. This is your local admin password that is required - nothing to do with Creative Cloud. If you don't know it you will need to reset it. If you continue to have problems I would reach out to Apple support Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines