Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M1 Support - Using Rosetta

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone!

I recently purchased the new M1 MacBook Pro and was a bit confused on how I can download the applications that are specifically supported with this new chip. I know this transition is still in the works, but I was wanting to avoid having to use Rosetta as much as possible. At the moment, I only care to use and download Photoshop - which I noticed is now fully supported on M1. Maybe I'm being overly picky about this, I'm not sure 🙂

When I went to install Creative Cloud, I was prompted to install Rosetta in order to run CC and its applications. This is what I was trying to avoid (hopefully) so this is where my issue/question arises:

Where can I find the option to download the M1 version of CC and Photoshop? Or is CC still needing Rosetta to function while Photoshop is automatically installed as the M1 version? I would like to avoid having to re-install and remove certain CC applications when Adobe moves to full M1 support. Also, if Photoshop has an M1 version, how can I determine which one is running and downloaded on my computer?

I tried my best to explain my confusion. I will have no issue giving more detail - just let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please use the alternate download link option from this link, download the creative cloud desktop app, and then try to install other apps  and check if you are still getting the same prompt: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect the priority is the performance heavy apps. Experience suggests Creative Cloud itself (the desktop app) may well need Rosetta until the bitter end. So you will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines