• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Adobe XD Shortcut

New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an administrator for a high school network trying to install Adobe cc 2019 apps on Windows 10 Education PCs.  I have built the package and installed all the apps including XD.  Problem is XD is only available to me.  Students on a "Shared Device" do not have a shortcut. The XD on my start menu has no "open location" option. Searching my hard drive finds nothing from which to create a shortcut.

I have tried dragging my icon to public desktop but this does nothing when signed on as a student. Pinning does nothing as it does not show for other users.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue. I have an admin accout that I installed the Creative Cloud suite from, and a non-admin account that the students use for general use. I can get to XD just fine through the start menu when logged in to the admin account. However, the Standard User level Windows account with no password/auto login the students use does not have any way to launch XD

This includes trying:

Start Menu

Cortana search

Desktop icon

Apps tab in Creative Cloud desktop app ("You don't have access to manage apps")

Searching the entire C:\ drive for the string "XD" in file name to find the app

Did you ever get a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that you need to run the installer logged in at the user account you want to create the shortcut for, so log in as the Standar User, then run the installer. So it appears that you have to log in as every user you want to start menu entry for. This is *really* stupid, and frustratiig for anyone working "at scale" for the enterprise. It's a bug. It's Adobe's installer. Fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines