• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Network error when PDF files been open from network share too long, Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a strange problem with PDF files that are opened from a networkshare.

Recently we upgraded our Remote Desktop environment from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2. Both the file servers and RDS host got ugpraded.

The problem is that when you have one or more PDF files open from a networkshare between 1-2 hours for editing, the pages becomes blank and you get the following errors

"There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (109)."

"There was an error processing a page. A number is out of range."

"Insufficient data for an Image"

After that Adobe Acrobat crashes and you lose all the work.

The PDF files are different ones, some of them are scanned and some created.

I did a process monitor check while i had the problem and i can see the PDF files and the result "NETWORK ERROR"

It worked flawless in the old environment.

I logged on the old RDS 2008R2 opend the files from the new fileserver no problems.

On the new RDS 2012r2 i placed the files locally, no problem there either.

Installed a test server with RDS 2012R2 and disabled SMB 3.02 (this also disables SMB2.0 since they are using the same stack) now im running smb 1.5 and now i don't get the error.

The error seems to be related to SMB 3.02, it's not an option to run SMB 1.5 since we are using UserProfileDisks.

Anyone encountered the same problem or have any ideas or suggestions?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robinj32031745

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Have you tried to reproduce this issue with other files and formats? From your notes, it seems more environment specific than application.

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

Sorry for the delayed answer, vacation times.

I've tried reproduce the issue with formats like .docx, .xlsx and .pptx but i don't got the error.

I can reproduce the problem with different workstations, windows 10 and windows server 2012 r2, we even upgraded to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC and we still have the same problem.

If the file server is a Windows 2008 r2 it works but if it's a 2012 R2 it doesn't, the big difference is SMB 3.02.

Installed a new 2012 r2 server and still got the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robinj32031745

I have sent you a private message I would like to discuss this privately till we find a root cause of this issue.

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as the individual in the Forums at this link, https://forums.adobe.com/message/8918473#8918473
It appears a solution was found but the conversation was taken offline. Can you help provide me with the solution you guys came up with? my email address is [removed by forum moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brianhosey

Sorry for the delay in response.

We haven't heard back from Robinj on this further. We requested some network logs and environment information to triage this issue further and haven't heard back yet.

[Note: Response edited]

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are having this same issue. We found that removing Adobe, updating a Dell NIC driver and then reinstalling provided a solution but now a month later are seeing the problem again.  Con you say what your environment related issue was?

Thanks.

Troy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines