• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Computer Lab

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some help please. For the first time in my 20 years of teaching I have been given the opportunity to have input on the computers that will be purchased for my lab. This is not within my expertise at all. Currently we use Macbook Pros. So that is my comfort level of course. At the time the lab that I have was purchased (2011) Mac was the "way to go" plus we were a one to one iPads for our students. Now we are one to one Chromebooks.

Quite obviously my lab is out dated and slow and will not function well with the live in app testing through Certiport and forget using Premiere Pro at all.

Our course offerings are driven by industry in our area and student interest. We have a larger population of students interested in audio and video so our new lab needs to support the use of Premiere Pro ect.

1) If I make recommendation for system requirements based on the system requirements for Premier Pro will those system requirements be enough to support all the Adobe Products as well as the live in app testing for Certiport Testing.

2) Mac or Windows....Again my comfort zone is Mac through my research there seems to be other options that are better than Mac. Of course cost will be a factor. This will be a lab of 20 to 30 computers. Will still be using 4 iMac's in my lab so compatibility is a consideration, but not 100% a driving factor.

3) Lap or Desktop -- Currently the students use Macbook Pros. Personally I prefer an iMac over Macbook.

Again hardware and equipment is not within my expertise. I was given notification late Wednesday afternoon and I need to have my suggestions submitted by Monday. Planning and preparing lessons for remote learning for my students has been my primary focus. I have had some time to do a bit of research and I just wanted to reach out to some expertise for some feedback before making my final recommendations.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Hello, 

Every creative cloud applications has their own system requirements however I think if you set up the machine to use premier pro so almost all the creative cloud app would work fine. You can check the system requirements of the creative cloud app here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html. 

You can use Mac Or Windows machines as per your convenience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

Every creative cloud applications has their own system requirements however I think if you set up the machine to use premier pro so almost all the creative cloud app would work fine. You can check the system requirements of the creative cloud app here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html. 

You can use Mac Or Windows machines as per your convenience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines