Highlighted

Not all settings in Customization wizard are passed on to Reader DC installs

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an MST file for my company installation of Adobe Reader DC.  I am installing DC using SCCM and it installs fine, but the Protected View and Privileged Locations settings do not carry over into the installation.  Some settings do carry over, so I know the MST file is being read.  Also, if I open the MST file in Notepad, I can see some of the Privileged Location URL's listed so I know the info is in there, but it isn't getting used during the install.

Same thing happens if I run the install from the command line, so I know SCCM is not the culprit.  Anyone else have this issue?

Any ideas?

This appears to be a UI bug.  The Privileged Locations don't show up in the UI of the Acrobat Reader DC client but DO show up in the Windows Registry FeatureLockdown hive.

Example:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cTrustedFolders\cAlwaysTrustedForJavaScript]

"t2_recursive"="K:\\"

"t1_recursive"="G:\\"

"t0_recursive"="F:\\"

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not all settings in Customization wizard are passed on to Reader DC installs

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an MST file for my company installation of Adobe Reader DC.  I am installing DC using SCCM and it installs fine, but the Protected View and Privileged Locations settings do not carry over into the installation.  Some settings do carry over, so I know the MST file is being read.  Also, if I open the MST file in Notepad, I can see some of the Privileged Location URL's listed so I know the info is in there, but it isn't getting used during the install.

Same thing happens if I run the install from the command line, so I know SCCM is not the culprit.  Anyone else have this issue?

Any ideas?

This appears to be a UI bug.  The Privileged Locations don't show up in the UI of the Acrobat Reader DC client but DO show up in the Windows Registry FeatureLockdown hive.

Example:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cTrustedFolders\cAlwaysTrustedForJavaScript]

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 16, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tex_ka95,

Please try this article for this :- http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/

Regards,

Yatharth

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Yatharth, but this tome of documentation doesn't fix my problem.  It merely tells me what I already know.  What I DON'T know is why Reader DC ignores certain settings in the MST file.

Do YOU know?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your MST for Reader on a public location?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MST file is here:

Dropbox - Public

I edited the MST file to take out a few of my internal server names that I didn't want public.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you are right.  I just looked at a couple of computers that I deployed it to and their registries all have the correct entries.  I'll continue my deployment.

Is this something you can submit to have fixed in a later version?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bug is filed and I'm sure it will be fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this message thread.  I noticed this when preparing my install and I was confused why I could not see my configuration, but see the entries in the registry.  How can we gain any insight into WHEN this will be fixed as I would prefer to not upgrade client systems and then have the confusion of what is already trusted and what is not?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2016 0