• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

notification manager for adobe reader

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable notification manager for adobe reader from installing on Windows 10 1803/1903. I have disabled auto-updates in the MSI, but this Application seems to install after signing into adobe

Many thanks

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Hi,

Installation of "Notification Manager for Adobe Acrobat" can be disabled through following Command line argument:
DISABLE_NOTIFICATIONS = 1

OR

Installation of "Notification Manager for Adobe Acrobat" can be disabled through following registry key:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\{Track}\Installer
DisableRepairOnLaunch = 1
This registry key should be set before signing in to Acrobat.

See also https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/FeatureLockdown.html#Services-Notifications(DC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Installation of "Notification Manager for Adobe Acrobat" can be disabled through following Command line argument:
DISABLE_NOTIFICATIONS = 1

OR

Installation of "Notification Manager for Adobe Acrobat" can be disabled through following registry key:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\{Track}\Installer
DisableRepairOnLaunch = 1
This registry key should be set before signing in to Acrobat.

See also https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/FeatureLockdown.html#Services-Not...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think this is what I'm looking for. I've searched everywhere and could not find a solution to this problem. How can I disable the notification manager for Creative Cloud?

I don't see the Installer regkey for Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how I remove it from my windows 10 computer:-

1) Click start menu.

2) Point the cursor on the apps (notification manager for acrobat reader) in the start menu.

3) Right click and then select uninstall.

Voila! Done.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That only works temporarely. As soon as you use any Adobe program it reinstalls again. Very annoying and very intrusive if you ask me. I'd ratter have a choice but apparently we, as users, seem te get this less and less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was losing my mind trying to get rid of the notification manager in my start menu, it simply refused to uninstall whern I right clicked it and chose "Uninstall" Nothing happened.
I finally found the thing in the registry using 'find', Deleted the entry, restarted and voila! Uninstall worked and it has not returned. 
I wouldn't have minded the thing if it did what it said but all it did was open the MS Store. 
I hope this helps someone in the future. Happy Halloween 😉  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines