• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Notification to update the apps to the latest version (Title edited)

Explorer ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess they are tired of waiting for everyone to drink the koolaid, so I guess forget the December deadline:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you have not yet updated to the latest version of Creative Cloud, please note that you are no longer licensed to use certain older versions of the apps or to deploy packages containing these older versions. Your organization should discontinue usage of the unauthorized products shown at this link and update to the authorized versions. Instructions are provided at the same link."

I'm not a child; I don't need Badges, Stickers or Gold Stars, I need ANSWERS.
In IT they come to US for answers, WE MUST find them SOMEWHERE! That's YOUR job Adobe.
TOPICS
Enterprise , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Actually they made the announcement in February 2019.  But you have to convert to the new "Shared Device Licensing" (for free).  It is basically the same idea except anyone that uses the device must have an active Adobe ID to login.

The issue at hand was when you convert to SDL you only have 30 days before your old versions go into trial mode.  For some that is a daunting task to convert their whole organization in that time window.  Adobe previously said we had until december to make the switch,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever happened to device licenses getting the new software? From what was said months ago device licenses were going to be upgraded to shared device licenses in early 2019 and then they would be able to use the new 2019 CC software. We're nearly halfway through 2019 and still nothing from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared device licensing has been available for a while now. Late Jan or early Feb. Shared Device Licences - Generally Available . It supports the latest versions (CC 2019) of Creative Cloud apps. (except Dimension for now)

If you're using the legacy Device Licenses, you can also migrate the Device Licenses over to the new Shared Device Licenses. You should be able to see the prompt from within the Admin Console. See, Migrate from Device Licensing to Shared Device Licensing.

If you're setting up afresh, take a look at Shared Device Licensing | Deployment guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually they made the announcement in February 2019.  But you have to convert to the new "Shared Device Licensing" (for free).  It is basically the same idea except anyone that uses the device must have an active Adobe ID to login.

The issue at hand was when you convert to SDL you only have 30 days before your old versions go into trial mode.  For some that is a daunting task to convert their whole organization in that time window.  Adobe previously said we had until december to make the switch, that has now evidently changed according to the referenced message.

I'm not sure why they branched this discussion, it was completely pertinent to the previous thread.

Creative Cloud update to 2019 now all apps Trial

In IT they come to US for answers, WE MUST find them SOMEWHERE! That's YOUR job Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry James02145, in direct response to your statement about notification; I didn't mean to imply that I was actually notified by Adobe as an Admin.  Had I not been following these threads I would have never known it was finally available.  I never received notification of them deactivating Device Licensing either.

The only place any information was distributed was in the Adobe Admin Portal, after the fact (cannot confirm those dates as all old correspondence seems to be gone with the migration.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched out as a separate discussion. Moving it to Enterprise & Teams​ community space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines