Highlighted

offline exception grant process failed

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a volume license for Acrobat Standard DC.  I downloaded my installation package from Adobe LWS with description "Acrobat DC2015 12.0 WIN ESD ALL CLASSIC".  I'm using the Adobe Customization Wizard DC to add the volume serial number and other settings for deployment.  I dont want the end user to have to activate or sign in to activate so i'm trying to use the "grant offline exception and disable registration" button but every time I click the button I get an error: "Offline exception grant process failed. Please refer to oobelib.log in %temp% folder and wizard help for more details."

I can't seem to find the oobelib.log anywhere on the computer i'm running the customization wizard.  This computer does have internet access.  Any ideas why this isn't working?

The problem was Windows 10 pro.  This exact same process runs fine on Windows 7 pro.  I had no problems creating and deploying the Acrobat Reader DC package on Windows 10 pro, but there seems to be a bug in how the Customization Wizard's "grant offline exception and disable registration" button works with Windows 10.

I would also like to note that the oobelib.log file that the error references never gets created on the Windows 10 machine but does get created on the Windows 7 machine.  Again, there was no error on the Windows 7 machine, I was just curious if the log file was created, and it was.

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

offline exception grant process failed

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a volume license for Acrobat Standard DC.  I downloaded my installation package from Adobe LWS with description "Acrobat DC2015 12.0 WIN ESD ALL CLASSIC".  I'm using the Adobe Customization Wizard DC to add the volume serial number and other settings for deployment.  I dont want the end user to have to activate or sign in to activate so i'm trying to use the "grant offline exception and disable registration" button but every time I click the button I get an error: "Offline exception grant process failed. Please refer to oobelib.log in %temp% folder and wizard help for more details."

I can't seem to find the oobelib.log anywhere on the computer i'm running the customization wizard.  This computer does have internet access.  Any ideas why this isn't working?

The problem was Windows 10 pro.  This exact same process runs fine on Windows 7 pro.  I had no problems creating and deploying the Acrobat Reader DC package on Windows 10 pro, but there seems to be a bug in how the Customization Wizard's "grant offline exception and disable registration" button works with Windows 10.

I would also like to note that the oobelib.log file that the error references never gets created on the Windows 10 machine but does get created on the Windows 7 machine.  Again, there was no error on the Windows 7 machine, I was just curious if the log file was created, and it was.

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed, the button is labeled "grant offline exception and disable registration".  After I click that I get the above error message, however, then button then changes to "grant offline exception" without the disable registration.  Clicking that button brings up the same error message.

I decided to save the package and reopen and the button has returned to "grant offline exception and disable registration".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• This page describes how to collect logs: Troubleshooting and Support — Enterprise Administration Guide
  • I'm sure the button appearance changing is a bug.
  • Verify you are using the same product and Wizard version.
  • There's new Wizard and product version coming out soon. I cannot provide an exact date. Emphasis on "soon".

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked the paths in the article for any oobelib.log files with hidden and system files visible and no luck.

I am using the DC Wizard with Acrobat DC.

Since the button on the Wizard doesn't seem to be working, is there a registry key I can turn on/off via the registry panel in the wizard to accomplish the same thing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"DC" is not a version. A new wizard has been released with the last two Acrobat updates. These release dates need to match. If you have the latest DC update and the latest Wizard, you are OK.  I am not saying a version mismatch is causing the issue however.

Other folks are not reporting this problem, so perhaps there's an environment issue. You could post the log.

There is no reg key that sets this, but there are alternative licensing methodologies: Common Deployment Options and Methods — Enterprise Administration Guide

hth,

Ben 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encounter the same issue on Windows 8.1 Pro.  Tried the same process on Windows 7 and it worked fine.  Adobe should look in to this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines