• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One lab won't activate properly

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in a school district, and we have a number of device licenses to cover a few of our labs where the students work with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. One of the labs that I'm trying to deploy to is not activating all of the computers - only the last one that I try to activate. For instance, if I activate computer 1 in the lab and look at the Adobe admin console, computer 1 from that lab is in the device list. If I then move to computer 2 and activate that computer, when I look at the Adobe admin console, computer 1 is no longer in the list of activated devices, only computer 2 is now. If I then move on to computer 3, it shows up in the activated device list and now computer 2 is gone as well.

The way that I have this set up has worked flawlessly on other labs, and from what documentation I've read from Adobe is how I should be doing this. When creating a new image for the lab, I install the Creative Cloud suite using a name-based installer package that I create with the Adobe Creative Cloud Packager tool. After I deploy the image to the lab, I go to each machine and run a license-only installer that I created with the Creative Cloud Packager tool that is set to be a device license.

I'm using the same installer package, and the same license package that I've used in other labs where it's worked perfectly. It's just this one lab that isn't cooperating. We have plenty of available licenses left on our account. I do have a number of computers in the deactivated computer list, as we just decided to move the Creative Cloud suite from one of our other labs to this new one, if that makes any difference. So I've got a full lab of computers in the deactivated list.

Does anyone have any ideas or insight as to why this might be happening, and how I can go about fixing it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Hi,

Our recommendations for imaging workflows are here Deploy Adobe Creative Cloud for enterprise to imaged workstations

Is it possible to not use the image, but to install directly onto the machine? At least this could help narrow down this issue to the imaging workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention that this is a lab of Windows 10 (v1803) PCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are the applications installed correctly on the machines (licensing aside)?

I would try creating a new licensing file with CCP as the issue seems to be focused on the license.

Create packages with Adobe Creative Cloud for education device licenses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the applications are all otherwise installed correctly. I can fire up PhotoShop and draw random stuff with no problems. I did try generating a new license file using CCP. I tested it with two computers, and still only the most recent one that I tried shows up on the list of activated devices.

Here's where things get a bit interesting. I'm currently sitting on one of the machines in the new lab that was activated and then was bumped off the list of activated devices by the next computer in the lab that tried activating. This computer is not currently the one listed in the Adobe admin console. When I fired up PhotoShop on this computer, it didn't say anything about trial mode, asked for me to sign into a Creative Cloud account, or for a serial number. When I went to Help -> System Info, I found these two lines:

License Type: Subscription

Serial number: ******************50

The serial number was not asterisked out though, I did that for obvious reasons.

Could Adobe be seeing this lab as just 1 computer? It's a lab that we built ourselves from parts, with the intent of making them quite high-end machines, while keeping the cost reasonable. They all have the exact same hardware in them.

CPU: Intel i7-7700K

RAM: 16GB Corsair Ballistix DDR4

SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVMe

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB)

I'm in the process of trying something out to see if that will get more than one computer on the list of activated devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I tried doing to get the different computers to show up on the list of activated devices didn't work. I tried deploying the image to two computers, with my cloning program set to randomize the disk signature after cloning. Same as before - only the last one to activate shows up on the list, but all can run the applications just fine.

If I try running the applications before installing the license package, then it says that I have to sign into a Creative Cloud account. After installing the license package, all of the computers run the applications with no problem, even though only one of them is listed on the activated devices page in the Adobe admin console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Our recommendations for imaging workflows are here Deploy Adobe Creative Cloud for enterprise to imaged workstations

Is it possible to not use the image, but to install directly onto the machine? At least this could help narrow down this issue to the imaging workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines