Highlighted

Packaging Question - Separater package for Pro vs. Standard?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.

Do I need separate installs for Pro vs. Standard? I thought I could use one package and the license allocation identified via the web page would govern which version a user receives. I logged in on machine as someone with Standard and activated that way. I think rebooted and logged in with a different account which is licensed for Pro - I'm still getting Standard.

Am I way off-base?

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen,

Sorry for the delay in response.

If you are using Acrobat Continous variant, then we have one installer for both Professional and Standard. It will be the license which will define the difference.

To know more about Classic and Continous: Document Cloud Product Tracks — Enterprise Administration Guide

And if it would be perpetual then you have to create sperate packages: Download Acrobat DC Classic

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Packaging Question - Separater package for Pro vs. Standard?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.

Do I need separate installs for Pro vs. Standard? I thought I could use one package and the license allocation identified via the web page would govern which version a user receives. I logged in on machine as someone with Standard and activated that way. I think rebooted and logged in with a different account which is licensed for Pro - I'm still getting Standard.

Am I way off-base?

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen,

If you are using Acrobat Continous variant, then we have one installer for both Professional and Standard. It will be the license which will define the difference.

To know more about Classic and Continous: Document Cloud Product Tracks — Enterprise Administration Guide

And if it would be perpetual then you have to create sperate packages: Download Acrobat DC Classic

-Tariq Dar

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may depend on what version you're trying to install. I know some of the older ones, if you were packaging the msi-based installer, had either AcroPro.msi or AcroStan.msi. Not sure if that's still the case for DC though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

-Tariq Dar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines