Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFMaker Addin status check - disable prompt

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This thread raised the same issue and by May 2016 there was no particular answer to it except for registry snapshot comparison during installation and prompt appearance that was involving re-installation:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Enterprise-Teams/PDFMaker-Disabled-in-Office-Apps-After-11-0-16-Insta...

pdfmaker.png

Could you please tell me if you created a reg key or any other way to disable this addin check and therefore prompt?

Citrix RDS environment with golden image so Do not show this message again doesn't work.

Has to be some User Configuration GPO solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

This issue needs our expert's insights hence, to resolve this, could you please create a case or start a chat from the Admin Console's support tab: Enterprise Support

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Could you please check and confirm, do you see the 'Acrobat' tab in any of the Microsoft Office apps (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)? 

If yes, then this issue is not related to deployment. 

If you do not see it, then please check in your golden image if the following registry exists:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin
DWORD name:- LoadBehavior
Change the value to 3

If the key is not present you will have to manage to add and during the load time of the office apps, it will load the add-in automatically for the MS office apps and shouldn't trigger the message again.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani!

I'm not looking for a way to enable addins, I'm aware of how to do that.

I'm looking for a way to disable the aforementioned prompt in case I've disabled addins intentionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue needs our expert's insights hence, to resolve this, could you please create a case or start a chat from the Admin Console's support tab: Enterprise Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone looking for the solution to this, there's a registry key that can be set:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVAlert\cCheckbox"

DWORD name: iAlwaysEnablePDFMAddin

Value: 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Really interesting. Where did you find this key?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, it's been so long that I cannot remember.  A quick search didn't reveal anything either.  Best guess is that I found it on a web forum or in a help article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find this documentet anywhere else than on this forum, not even on Adobe DevNet Docs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I found out where this key comes from. It's a undocumented key that is created after the user click on the "Do not show this message again".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines