• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 can't install the English version

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I'm from China, recently installed Photoshop CC 2017 encountered a problem.

I installed version Simplified Chinese before, after the update I want in exchange for the English version was accidentally found it impossible to exchange the English version.

I  opend photoshop see a pop , pop as shown:241D53A6-5839-44A0-AEC3-5A801F4C554A.png

After clicking OK, photoshop automatically withdrawn.

I change the preferences creative cloud in the language settings, and then re-download the new version, so I do not know how to solve this problem?

I hope you can help me, thank you very much.

大家好,我来自中国,最近安装Photoshop CC 2017 遇到一个问题。

因为上一版本安装的是简体中文,更新之后想要换回英文版却意外发现无法换回英文版,弹窗如图所示:241D53A6-5839-44A0-AEC3-5A801F4C554A.png

点击 OK 后,ps 自动退出了。

我是在 creative cloud 的首选项更改的语言设置,然后再下载的新版本,所以我现在不知道这要怎么解决?

希望大家能帮助到我,非常感谢

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

is it a easy way to fix this problem

Find the file with the ending .dat in your Photoshop Support files folder, the path to this file may vary slightly from one computer to another.

At my computer (Ukrainian, 64 bit system, Mac OS, with Photoshop CC) the file name is "tw10428.dat"  and located at this path: "\Applications\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Locales\uk_UA\Support Files"

Right click on the file, and choose "Rename" from the menu.
Rename the file extension to something else. To what is not importa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jianr73955990 what type of a Creative Cloud membership did you purchase?  Or are you using your membership as part of an organization?

From the error it appears that only a single language license for Creative Cloud was purchased.  In this case that language was Chinese Simplified.  If you did not purchase a Creative Cloud Individual account then please work with your program administrator if you would like access to the English version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff, thank you for your reply.

I installed the 2017 version of the time there is only photoshop emergence of this issue, AE and AI are the English version no problem.

It is worth mentioning that before I installed the English version of photoshop, for some reason late into simplified Chinese version, but did not expect this installation does not come back.And the 2015 version of the AI ​​installation is simplified Chinese version, I change into after updating the English version is absolutely no problem, so I do not think I should have a problem account.

I don't know what this type of account, I only know  this creative cloud account is the company agreed to buy the full range of adobe.

I'm very willing to install the English version, and I'm very want to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification Jianr73955990.  It sounds like you must have a Creative Cloud for Teams or Creative Cloud for Enterprise account.  Please contact your account administrator so that a request can be submitted through the Enterprise Dashboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.

I also faced this issue. but i reached out to Adobe China,

they said.

wow. in China can only use Simplified Chinese version I think he is kidding me.

the Foreigner does not know Simplified Chinese but he need use the Simplified Chinese adobecc just because he is working in China!!!

can you advice how i can do? 

as you said upgrade my Creative Cloud for Teams or Creative Cloud for Enterprise account, do I need additional payment?

Acrobat Error Message.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tam, the error indicates that you are utilizing a Creative Cloud plan that only supports the Chinese Simplified language.  You will need to adjust the preferences within the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application to use this language.  By default, the Creative Cloud desktop app utilizes the language settings of the operating system.

You can find information on how to change the language in the Creative Cloud desktop app at Change the language setting of your Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know i need change the app to Chinese version.

but i would like to use English version since i only know English.

Does buy a creative Cloud on China Must be Chinese version? this is the point.

Can I upgrade my account to enterprise something so i can use multiple language.

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 6.56.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 6.59.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , as mentioned by Jeff Wright, I believe it IS a problem relating your account type.

You seemed to have mentioned in a later reply that you can change the language/locale of Adobe CC 2015 from Chinese(Simplified) to English without any problem. But not with Adobe CC 2017.

I can only imagine that in this lastest version of Adobe CC(which is the 2017 version), Adobe used a mechanism where all purchases made in Mainland China are locked to a single language(which is Simpified Chinese) to prevent the abuse of low price in Mainland China(for example, a foreign company can use a VPN, routing to China and purchase Adobe CC subscription at a much lower price)

This type of techniques are used in not only Adobe products, but many more other digital products where prices in particular countries are significantly different from others. E.g. Windows 10 Single Language Version.

The best solution, again, as mentioned by Jeff Wright, is probably to reach out to the official Adobe finance support.

But more to the point, I can't imagine anything in PS CC 2017 that cannot be done in Chinese, that can otherwise be done in English. Perhaps if there is a lack of funtionality in some languages, you should reach out to the tech team about it?

Good luck.

----简体中文(chinese)----

hi~你上传的截图... 很明显就是在说你的账户被锁到这个语言了,CC2015没问题 可能是因为当初Adobe没有做任何措施 防止外国人挂VPN来中国以半价买CC =_=...

看起来你的adobe cc确实是付钱买的(不像我-_-)所以如果和官方客服说一下的话,他们应该会给你更好的解答。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

哈喽,谢谢你的回答~

账号是公司统一购买的,全部是个人账号,所以不存在什么账号类型错误吧??我也不太懂,但是只有 PS 出现了这个问题,就像我回复 Jeff 时说的,当初 AI 也是简体中文,更新到 CC2017 时语言切换到英文无压力,所以我很郁闷。无论怎么卸载安装 PS 都没办法换回英文,只能用中文

Jeff 看起来是 Adobe 的工作人员,但是他的回答没有帮到我,我现在也找不到解决办法了,只能继续使用简体中文。

还是很感谢你的回答~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same problem and I Googled it but did not find many answers for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jianr73955990 did you contact the administrator of your plan as discussed in message #6?  They can provide you with an updated install package for English as long as more than Simplified Chinese is included with your plan.

There is no need to use the steps to replace the language files as described in Joeyiv438 post #8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff, about my creative cloud account I heard that the company purchased is the personal account type, so I do not know where to contact the administrator.

But do not worry, I solved the problem according to vboiko's answer. In accordance with the answer I found that the PS preference in the switch language option appeared in English.

When I restarted PS he became the English version! It's amazing!

And thank you very much for your attention to this issue~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

After spending a whole evening Googling and Baiduing, I found a way to fix this:

1. Remove Photoshop CC 2017;
  2. Set the app language in the Creative Cloud to simplified Chinese (you are going to install in Chinese);
  3. Reinstall Photoshop CC 2017 again, make sure the UI language is Chinese when you launch it;
  4. Google for some English language pack, for example, I found en_GB in Zhihu.com;
  5. Copy the en_XX(e.g. en_GB in my example) to X:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Locales (your installation folder)
    From <https://www.zhihu.com/question/52278477>
  6. Relaunch Photoshop CC 2017, go to reference and change the UI language to English:
  7. Then you can go back to Creative Cloud to set the app language back to English in case you do not want to install other Chinese version apps. (Funny thing that Creative Cloud can recognize the Chinese Photoshop when the app language set to English, and vice versa);
  8. Notes: My platform is Window 10 Home edition Simplified Chinese 64X (of course if you can change your system language will be perfect like my other computer with Windows 10 pro, but unfortunately home edition cannot) ;

Hopefully also work for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joeyiv438, I solved the problem according to vboiko's answer, but also thank you for your reply ~​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you谢谢还是国人厉害哈哈~做到了

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it had worked~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it a easy way to fix this problem

Find the file with the ending .dat in your Photoshop Support files folder, the path to this file may vary slightly from one computer to another.

At my computer (Ukrainian, 64 bit system, Mac OS, with Photoshop CC) the file name is "tw10428.dat"  and located at this path: "\Applications\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Locales\uk_UA\Support Files"

Right click on the file, and choose "Rename" from the menu.
Rename the file extension to something else. To what is not important, just keep the file in case you need to change this back in the future. I chose to name it: "tw10428.backup"

If Photoshop is open, close it and reopen it again.
Photoshop should now be in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god! It works! My PS now into the English version! Very magical! Thank you very much, even though I don't know what principle is. Thank you~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This trick still works for CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines