Exit

Possible Fraudulent Adobe Email?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read online
Important update for Creative Cloud Packager
We’ve discovered a critical bug in Adobe Creative Cloud Packager 1.12 for Windows that prevents you from updating the application to a newer version, whether you update manually or automatically.
To resolve the issue, please download and install the latest version (1.13). Keep in mind that you’ll need to quit the application before running the installer.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your prompt attention.
Enabled by Adobe Campaign
Adobe, the Adobe logo, and Creative Cloud are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

© 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Adobe Systems Incorporated, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110 USA.

I received the above in an email and copied this off of the browser, without downloading anything.  Can anyone tell me if it is a fraudulent email, is it something that Adobe sent for my laptop Adobe Pro version?  Thanks, Hugh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

I can confirm that Adobe is indeed sending out these e-mails to users of Creative Cloud Packager prior to the release of version 1.13.

If you encounter a problem upgrading after the new version is released, you can either use the link in the e-mail to download the full installer, or delete the 1.12 version and download and run the bootstrap installer named "CCPLauncher" from your team dashboard or enterprise admin console, which are accessible via https://www.adobe.com/ once you have logged in wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

definitely do not download anything until and unless adobe staff vouch for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received the same message this morning and looking for guidance on that from Adobe staff. Adobe Support just assisted us the other week to reinstall the Adobe Creative Cloud so I doubt the validity of this message. I imagine, in addressing our issue,  they would have installed the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't show any signs of being a phish.  The download is coming from adobesystems.com, which is legit.

My question: is the "critical bug" only with the CC Packager self-updater?  Can we continue to use our packages we created 1.12?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We do not anticipate this issue to affect existing packages previously created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that Adobe is indeed sending out these e-mails to users of Creative Cloud Packager prior to the release of version 1.13.

If you encounter a problem upgrading after the new version is released, you can either use the link in the e-mail to download the full installer, or delete the 1.12 version and download and run the bootstrap installer named "CCPLauncher" from your team dashboard or enterprise admin console, which are accessible via https://www.adobe.com/ once you have logged in with a valid team/enterprise administrator account.

To remove Creative Cloud Packager, delete the following directory as appropriate:

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\CCP

Mac OS: /Applications/Utilities/Adobe\ Application\ Manager/CCP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines