Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not updating?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Currently trying to update our Adobe content on a university campus and running into a few problems...

1) Ran the Creative Cloud Packager on my iMac in the office as a test drive for the packager and I've selected all the necessary apps I need - I then try and install the programs from the package i've created and it gives up half way through and comes up with the error message "The Installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance"

2) On our imac's were previous adobe content has been downloaded we are able to update certain apps like After effects and Photoshop but we are unable to fully update Premiere. The update goes to around 60% and then fails. It says on the creative cloud that the reason it fails is because it is unable to contact the server.

3) We are still experiencing problems on our other iMac's where on trying to open Premiere it is then telling us our licenses have expired. I imagine if we created a Licence Package to update these products the problem would then cease to be ? But would it be better to actually uninstall/move all the adobe stuff to the trash and create and install all new up to date apps from scratch 

To rectify these problems we tried running the cleaner app on not only my main office Mac which has originally never had any adobe software on it in general and I also used the adobe cleaner app on one of the campuses iMac's that are used by students. In both instances the clean app did what it was supposed to do, I then opened up and tried to install the adobe apps that are contained in my Package which I created with Adobe Creative Cloud Packager and once again it came up with the same error message as previously stated.

I also tried a manual update on other systems where Premiere is still running. However, trying to run the manual update which I dowloaded from the link that you gave me I then received another error message on the Adobe application Manager stating " UPDATE FAILED - This patch is not applicable for you. Please check for updates from the Help menu in your product to see a list of latest updates available " it then goes on to say contact customer support for more advice which I will try soon.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do or has encountered this problem before I would be grateful for your input!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kelseydeefloyd ,

Greetings.

Which version of Mac OS X is installed ?

Please run the log collector tool and share the details with us - Log Collector Tool

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines