Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question - Seeking CC EULA Concurrent and Active Use Clarification

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It is possible that this question has been actively answered/settled, but unfortunately I am still a little unclear about this after reading different discussion threads. I get the impression that I am getting conflicting answers, or maybe just seems that way because the situation isn;t exactly what I am asking.

So, here is my question, and hopefully it is direct/clear.

1. We have purchased CC membership.

2.2 Membership. This Section 2.2 applies to Customers who have purchased a membership-based license or service such as the Creative Cloud membership (collectively, “Membership”).

2. For a single Membership License are we able to install/activate Adobe PP Creative Cloud All Apps upon two different computers.

Per my understanding, the answer to this is YES.

3. Now my real question, for the above two installions, are you able or permitted to USE/RUN/LAUNCH any of the applications upon BOTH COMPUTERS AT THE SAME TIME. In other words, with a single Adobe Membership, can or am I permitted to concurrently use any application upon two machines?

Based upon a Staffs response in the following thread, this is permitted. But is this in fact accurate? I went over the EULA, and while section 2.1 explicitely address this violation, Section 2.2 doesn't really seem to explicitely state that it is permitted.

Can a single AdobeID have multiple seats? :

Hi Chris

The section you quoted applies to customers who have purchased a license to the Software but have not purchased a membership-based license or service such as the Creative Cloud membership.  This is stated in the EULA, section 2.1

Section 2.2 applies to memberships and does not have this restriction on secondary usage - a user can therefore have the apps installed on 2 of their computers and use them at the same time.  If a user trys to activate a 3rd computer they will be asked to deactivate on one of the other computers.

Thanks

Bev

So, any simple and direct clarification would be appreaicted as to whether with one membership lience, am I permitted to concurrently use any application upon two machines.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think Adobe meant to allow two seat on the same license but I have my desktop running an export while I am doing this and so I fired up this second version that I have on my laptop and both are working right now.

I work-around if you ever had a problem would be to temporarily pull the Internet connection from one of the machines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unclear on how (or why) one person would be able/want to use Premiere Pro on two machines simultaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I can be exporting on my big desktop computer while editing a different project on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be the most common requirement.

Editing on one computer while waiting for a render to complete on another. Exactly what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, Bill.  Hadn't thought of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be relevant and might not. 🙂

Can I use my software on two computers?

If you own, or are the primary user of, a single-user- or volume-license Adobe product that is installed on a computer at work, you can also install and use the software on one secondary computer of the same platform at home or on a portable computer. However, you may not run the software simultaneously on both the primary and secondary computers.

No more than one user can use a single-user-license Adobe product.

Note: AVL customers have to buy two different licenses to use both operating systems, even if they have two different computers. They can use the same license on another computer (not simultaneously) only with the same platform at home.

Question - Seeking CC EULA Concurrent and Active Use Clarification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

prodic  wrote

This might be relevant and might not. 🙂

Can I use my software on two computers?

If you own, or are the primary user of, a single-user- or volume-license Adobe product that is installed on a computer at work, you can also install and use the software on one secondary computer of the same platform at home or on a portable computer. However, you may not run the software simultaneously on both the primary and secondary computers.

I never run while editing my desktop computer connected to the Internet, this prevents upgrades and other junk from interfering with my editing. so there is no way that anyone can know I am running both copies at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines