Highlighted

Questions about Adobe Update Server Setup Tool

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Currently setting up a local server with IIS.

Have been following the instructions here: Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

However I found that when I put the web.config files in the respective folders as per instruction, my clients are unable to connect and get Download Error in the Creative Cloud apps tab.

As soon as I remove both web.config files, they are able to see the apps to download.

Can anyone explain why? Am I doing something wrong?

Also the whole creative cloud suite are able to be downloaded and installed except for Indesign. Using Wireshark, I can see it tries to get a file from the validation folder however file is missing. Does this mean I need to do an incremental sync to get the missing files?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Questions about Adobe Update Server Setup Tool

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Currently setting up a local server with IIS.

Have been following the instructions here: Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

However I found that when I put the web.config files in the respective folders as per instruction, my clients are unable to connect and get Download Error in the Creative Cloud apps tab.

As soon as I remove both web.config files, they are able to see the apps to download.

Can anyone explain why? Am I doing something wrong?

Also the whole creative cloud suite are able to be downloaded and installed except for Indesign. Using Wireshark, I can see it tries to get a file from the validation folder however file is missing. Does this mean I need to do an incremental sync to get the missing files?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you mean the AdobeUpdater.Overrides files?

When you remove these from the client machine then the clients get their updates directly from Adobe - which is why it works.

As a first step I would check the troubleshooting section of this document Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

This will help narrow down where the problem is - for example, whether the client machines can see the update server or whether the issue is with the server configuration.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. No, not the overrides file.

When I do a fresh sync I have these 2 web.config files appear as per screenshots below.

I have figured out I need to delete them both otherwise client machines get server errors.

Was just wondering why this is the case.

I've figured out the second part to my question so disregard that.

webconf1.PNG

webconf2.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The web.config files enable the server to allow all of the file types our program utilize to be downloaded. If these are configured wrongly that would cause an issue.

An example of what you might find in that file depending on the version of IIS:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
    <system.webServer>

<handlers>
            <add name="ZIPFILTER" path="*.zip" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="File" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" />
            <add name="XMLFILTER" path="*.xml" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="File" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" />
            <add name="CRLFILTER" path="*.crl" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="File" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" />
            <add name="SIGFILTERTEST" path=".sig" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="File" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" />
            <add name="DMGFILTERTEST" path=".dmg" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="File" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" />
            <add name="ZIPFILTERTEST" path=".zip" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="File" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" />
            <add name="CRLFILTERTEST" path=".crl" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="File" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" />
            <add name="XMLFILTERTEST" path=".xml" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="File" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32" />
</handlers>
    </system.webServer>
</configuration>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines