• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Allow non-admin to update and install apps" reliability

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the adobe templates under packages in the admin console. I created a creative cloud desktop application package. I selected the option to allow
"Allow non-admin to update and install apps". On the majority of comptuers this is working. Non admins are able to install and update Adobe programs from
the creative cloud desktop. On some computers, randomly, this setting isn't honored and non-admin users are prompted for a computer account that has admin permissions.

If I go to the configuration file, (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ServiceConfig.xml) and change the value for "SelfServeInstalls"
"true" to "false", save the file. Restart the computer, change the value back to "true" then sometimes the issue is resolved and non-admin users can installand update
software.

Trying to figure out why sometimes the setting is honored and sometimes it isn't.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has been observed is that un-installing/installing the CCDA resolves the issue. My best guess is that during installs, randomly something goes wrong with the implemntation of the service/files ""%Program Files (x86)%\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\ElevationManager". In our environment the end-user can do this un/re install from SCCM so it's not the end of the world however a better understanding of where the failure is would be neat.

At one time I thought it could have been related to "Ensure that you are running the current version of Creative Cloud Desktop Application as recent updates include fixes for Elevated Privileges issues." because nearly every time CCDA is launched there is an update. However un/re installing even an old version of CCDA on a machine that isn't honoring the config setting to allow non-admin fixes the issue, After re-install the program will launch, will update and all is well. (Where before, when it had the issue, on first launch it'd propmt for the admin permissions just to update itself). I checked the other conditions and all is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What also has been observed is running the repair option on %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe resolves this as well as also updates the CCDA. There isn't a silent option but if there was, this would be a perfect solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines