Highlighted

"Compile Error in Hidden Module: Distmon"

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any work around to this error message.

It shows up during the start up of Excel 2003 after the install of Acrobat standard 8.

Thanks

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Compile Error in Hidden Module: Distmon"

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any work around to this error message.

It shows up during the start up of Excel 2003 after the install of Acrobat standard 8.

Thanks

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove all instances of the PDFMaker.dot and PDFMaker.xla files from \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office version/Startup folder and reinstall PDFMaker using the Help > Detect and Repair menu option in Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me.

The first part, remove the PDFMaker.* files, was on the MS support site. My Office Startup Folder didn't contain either of those files to begin with.

I did the Repair option under the help menu but, that wasn't the cure.

I wonder if it had something to do with my uninstall of v7 before my install of v8?

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall v8.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reinstall didn't stop the error.

Guess I have a goblin!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem after installing Adobe pro. 8. Are there any solutions out there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, apparently Adobe isn't talking on this at all..... I have three computers with the same issue, I am about two steps from stopping all updates to Adobe and using some other form of similar software. I can get fine PDFCreators from several sites around the world, and they all work fine. Acrobat 8 Pro cost us some money, and has some great features, but if we can't get this resolved, we will downgrade and begin looking elsewhere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines