• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Can't download Photoshop - error 105

Participant ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a team license - single - and I get the exact same error.  I've tried to clean app and reinstall adobe creative cloud - get same error on Photoshop and bridge.  Haven't tried others.

mgg

Exit Code: 105

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Failed to open PIM database.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Hello,

I was able to work around this by following the steps described here:
Adobe CC 2015 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2015 Release | ProDesignTools

This site was recommend by someone from Adobe Support Chat.

With this you can download an offline installer. After that, my Photoshop appears on Creative Cloud as installed app.

*Worth mention that during the install process, I got a message that I had more than 2 instances of Photoshop running at the same time, which I didn't. But this rings a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mgg%40mac.com,

This error Exit Code 105 usually occurs when there is a lack of read and write permissions on hdpim.db file on your machine, to know more about this error see, Troubleshoot Illustrator CC 2015 log files .

I would recommend you try correcting the permissions manually on the below location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps

Kinldy let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOTAL Fing BS!

YOU GUYS are selling software as a service. You don’t tell me I have to pour through logs and run shell commands just to make your crap work!

I NEVER mentioned error 105. No where, NEVER. Exit code 15 perhaps - but your advice on that too is worthless.

mgg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the confusion, as you have mentioned that you are getting Exit Code 15 while trying to install Adobe Creative Cloud apps, i would recommend you to refer to the following links and let us know if this helps:

Installation and launch log errors | Adobe Creative Suite 6, Adobe Creative Suite 5.5, Adobe Creativ...

Exit code 15 installing Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really frustraded - I'm sure  you see that.  Adobe forced us in to a Software As A Service model - that means they MUST provide a service - not just license and walk away.  Their "help" pages are out of date.  El Capitan is the current Apple Operating system.  They don't date their support articles, so the reader doesn't know if they were written yesterday or 2014.  Their software emits undocumented error codes.  see helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Install_Error_codes_CC.html  The web date is Jul 15, 2016, yet it does not list Exit code 15, or the listed error "Failed to open PIM database". 

I've followed every referenced "help" web page offered (more than once) and nothing helps.  But they keep taking my money every month and now I've been without PS for a week.  I'm going to try Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to see if it helps.  But I keep wondering if this is all some scheme to make sure I remove PS CS6 from my machine........

A $47 BILLION dollar company with nearly 14,000 employees can do better than this.  Only a company with a near monopoly and survive, even thrive providing this kind of service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused to you, as you have tried all the basic steps we would request you to contact our support team so that we may assist you appropriately.

Click here to Contact Customer Care {Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID ( Email id used for purchasing the subscription ) before accessing the link above}

Just in case you are not able to reach support through contact customer care link, please refer to Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i’ve got a similiar problem.

Re: Update to current Version won’t start.

but no one answered so far …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was able to work around this by following the steps described here:
Adobe CC 2015 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2015 Release | ProDesignTools

This site was recommend by someone from Adobe Support Chat.

With this you can download an offline installer. After that, my Photoshop appears on Creative Cloud as installed app.

*Worth mention that during the install process, I got a message that I had more than 2 instances of Photoshop running at the same time, which I didn't. But this rings a bell, since I had Photoshop in another computer that was formatted. I can only guess that somewhere Adobe registers how many instances are running, but it fails to register when it is not running anymore and there is no way to "logout from all instances" from my account. Maybe that was the case?

I hope this works around the issue for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing the steps that helped you resolve the issue, it will help our future viewers as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines