Highlighted

Re-enable automatic updates for Acrobat Standard DC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I recently installed Acrobat Standard DC in my company on about 50 PCs. I disabled automatic updates via Adobe Customization Wizard because we had an issue with IBM Notes 9 (see here: IBM Notes 9 doesn't start after updating Acrobat DC ). Now that the issue is resolved, I would like to re-enable automatc updates. I changed some registry keys (see here: Pre-Deployment Planning — Enterprise Administration Guide ), but I get a message that an update could not be installed due to policy settings.

Do I have to set other registry keys as well or how can I re-enable automatic updates?

Greetings

Florian Burger

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Re-enable automatic updates for Acrobat Standard DC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I recently installed Acrobat Standard DC in my company on about 50 PCs. I disabled automatic updates via Adobe Customization Wizard because we had an issue with IBM Notes 9 (see here: IBM Notes 9 doesn't start after updating Acrobat DC ). Now that the issue is resolved, I would like to re-enable automatc updates. I changed some registry keys (see here: Pre-Deployment Planning — Enterprise Administration Guide ), but I get a message that an update could not be installed due to policy settings.

Do I have to set other registry keys as well or how can I re-enable automatic updates?

Greetings

Florian Burger

Topics

Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BVIFrankfurt

Would like to inform that if you are getting issue while executing the Install then in that case need to check with your IT, if they have applied any restriction.

Please try to check by making any of the system as local machine.

Also you may check with different user account to replicate the issue.

Regards ,

Yatharth

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi YatharthS,

I AM the IT of our company...

I will explain the problem a bit more detailed:

A few moths ago I started to install Acrobat DC manually on 5 or 6 machines, using the adobe customization wizard. I used the local administrator account, because the users have no admin rights. Shortly after the installation adobe updated itself, just showing an information popup, that the machine needed a restart to complete installation. This happened in the user-context. After this update we had an issue with IBM Notes (see link above). So I deactivated automatic updates in the customization wizard and installed all the other machines without automatic updates.

Now that the IBM Notes issue is resolved I would like to go back to the configuration of the first few machines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply modify the registry and flip the bUpdater switch: Pre-Deployment Planning — Enterprise Administration Guide

HTH,

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ben,

as I already wrote in opening post, I did exactly this, but the installation failed. Aditionally, after this one failure, there was no further try of acrobat to update itself.

Regards,

Florian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know what happened, but a few minutes ago my Acrobat updated itself without any problems. So I think in general the registry keys worked out, but I had to wait quite a long time.

Thanks everybody!

Florian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines