Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader XI (11.0.15) and Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

We've got a really weird issue with this combination.  Basically after a clean install of Windows 10 and this version of Reader, after the first successfull launch, we get the following error:

Fatal error

Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server.

If I delete the Adobe folder in both the local and roaming part of the user profile, Reader successfully launches again, once, then any other attempt results in the same error.

This issue does not exist on our Windows 7 deployments (both Windows 7 and 10 are the 64-bit versions),

Any ideas?

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ldoodle99999999

Please refer the troubleshooting steps provided in this thread with similar issue: I have been getting the "acrobat fail to send a DDE command"

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks.  I've tried that already.  As well as a few other suggestions I've read here.

What I have done for now is deny read access for the Everyone group to the %Username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat folder. That fixes this issue but probably not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ldoodle99999999

Please update the application to the latest patch released. Refer this KB doc : Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

If you still experience the issue, take any one machine as reference and open the task manager. Then end all the processes related to Acrobat.Then try to relaunch application.

Let us know if issue still persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines